DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Ripped speaker grill (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/307887-ripped-speaker-grill.html)

N_Cook August 10th 10 11:47 AM

Ripped speaker grill

Someone asked me if I knew how to do an invisible/near invisible repair. So
far I've never been in that situation but it could easily happen. Anyone
successfully repaired one? I've a few ideas but nothing tried. Assume fancy
tinsel stranded, open weave mesh fabric, unobtanium exact match new fabric
to the original.

Ron August 10th 10 12:05 PM

Ripped speaker grill

On 10/08/2010 11:47, N_Cook wrote:
Someone asked me if I knew how to do an invisible/near invisible repair. So
far I've never been in that situation but it could easily happen. Anyone
successfully repaired one? I've a few ideas but nothing tried. Assume fancy
tinsel stranded, open weave mesh fabric, unobtanium exact match new fabric
to the original.

Take it to an antiques restorer

N_Cook August 10th 10 12:49 PM

Ripped speaker grill

Ron wrote in message
On 10/08/2010 11:47, N_Cook wrote:
Someone asked me if I knew how to do an invisible/near invisible repair.

So
far I've never been in that situation but it could easily happen.

Anyone
successfully repaired one? I've a few ideas but nothing tried. Assume

fancy
tinsel stranded, open weave mesh fabric, unobtanium exact match new

fabric
to the original.

Take it to an antiques restorer

I happen to know a textiles restorer, usually material like Nelson's Victory
red ensign restoration (not repairing the shrapnel holes) but worth asking
him next time I see him.

Meat Plow[_5_] August 10th 10 02:23 PM

Ripped speaker grill

On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 11:47:17 +0100, N_Cook wrote:

Someone asked me if I knew how to do an invisible/near invisible repair.
So far I've never been in that situation but it could easily happen.
Anyone successfully repaired one? I've a few ideas but nothing tried.
Assume fancy tinsel stranded, open weave mesh fabric, unobtanium exact
match new fabric to the original.

Order the original grill cloth if possible and replace. If not match as
close as possible.

Dave M[_3_] August 10th 10 08:58 PM

Ripped speaker grill

N_Cook wrote:
Someone asked me if I knew how to do an invisible/near invisible
repair. So far I've never been in that situation but it could easily
happen. Anyone successfully repaired one? I've a few ideas but
nothing tried. Assume fancy tinsel stranded, open weave mesh fabric,
unobtanium exact match new fabric to the original.

Take a look here (http://www.grillecloth.com/) and try to match or closely
approximate the cloth on your speakers. If you're looking for an exact
match, your best bet would be to replace the cloth on all speakers.

--
David
dgminala at mediacombb dot net