Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Norver model NU-1C single channel FM and subcarrier receiver.

Is anyone familiar with these radios? They were originally furnished
to the blind. This one appears to be tuned to 90.1MHZ. I don't know if
there is still any sub carrier stuff around but in any case I would
like to see if I can change the receiver frequency. There is a crystal
but perhaps there may be enough room to move without replacing it.
Thanks, Lenny
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
tm tm is offline

"klem kedidelhopper" wrote in message
Is anyone familiar with these radios? They were originally furnished
to the blind. This one appears to be tuned to 90.1MHZ. I don't know if
there is still any sub carrier stuff around but in any case I would
like to see if I can change the receiver frequency. There is a crystal
but perhaps there may be enough room to move without replacing it.
Thanks, Lenny

FM channels are on 200 kHz centers. I doubt you will be able to rubber the
xtal that far.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Apr 28, 5:49*pm, klem kedidelhopper
wrote:
Is anyone familiar with these radios? They were originally furnished
to the blind. This one appears to be tuned to 90.1MHZ. I don't know if
there is still any sub carrier stuff around but in any case I would
like to see if I can change the receiver frequency. There is a crystal
but perhaps there may be enough room to move without replacing it.
Thanks, Lenny

You can Change the crystal. Is the crystal the metal can type? If yes
replace it with a 27 MHZ type. These are normally found in Toy cars
remote control.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

Is anyone familiar with these radios? They were originally furnished
to the blind. This one appears to be tuned to 90.1MHZ. I don't know if
there is still any sub carrier stuff around but in any case I would
like to see if I can change the receiver frequency. There is a crystal
but perhaps there may be enough room to move without replacing it.
Thanks, Lenny

You can Change the crystal. Is the crystal the metal can type? If yes
replace it with a 27 MHZ type. These are normally found in Toy cars
remote control.

But why would I use a 27 MHZ crystal in an broadcast band FM radio?
Lenny