Steve

Default Harman/Kardon Receiver AVR-75 channel out

My HK AVR-75's left front channel has almost no sound, and the sound it
does have is all high frequencies; no bass or midrange. The problem
occurs with any input, digital or analog, and with the speaker or
preamp outputs (so I'm pretty sure it's not in the power output
section). Any ideas? Please post here, or email to steve_wechsler (at)
yahoo(.)com (not the email I posted from; the spammers have taken it
over).

Thanks,

Steve

Jamie

Steve wrote:

My HK AVR-75's left front channel has almost no sound, and the sound it
does have is all high frequencies; no bass or midrange. The problem
occurs with any input, digital or analog, and with the speaker or
preamp outputs (so I'm pretty sure it's not in the power output
section). Any ideas? Please post here, or email to steve_wechsler (at)
yahoo(.)com (not the email I posted from; the spammers have taken it
over).

Thanks,

Steve

blown woofer?

or if its a multiple channel unit maybe you have a Class D amp
for the base and mid sections that is out

Terry Bull

If your symptom of poor quality output to the pre-amp out is correct then
you appear to have a fault within the tone/processing stages. Is there a
'Pure direct' or similar that bypasses these stages?
Assuming the sound is very low you may just be hearing breakthrough, which
probably points to something like a broken balance pot...

Hope that helps
Andrew

"Jamie" wrote in message
Steve wrote:

My HK AVR-75's left front channel has almost no sound, and the sound it
does have is all high frequencies; no bass or midrange. The problem
occurs with any input, digital or analog, and with the speaker or
preamp outputs (so I'm pretty sure it's not in the power output
section). Any ideas? Please post here, or email to steve_wechsler (at)
yahoo(.)com (not the email I posted from; the spammers have taken it
over).

Thanks,

Steve

blown woofer?

or if its a multiple channel unit maybe you have a Class D amp
for the base and mid sections that is out

Steve

Jamie wrote:
Steve wrote:

My HK AVR-75's left front channel has almost no sound, and the sound it
does have is all high frequencies; no bass or midrange. The problem
occurs with any input, digital or analog, and with the speaker or
preamp outputs (so I'm pretty sure it's not in the power output
section). Any ideas? Please post here, or email to steve_wechsler (at)
yahoo(.)com (not the email I posted from; the spammers have taken it
over).

Thanks,

Steve

blown woofer?

or if its a multiple channel unit maybe you have a Class D amp
for the base and mid sections that is out

No, it's definitely the receiver; I tried switching the channels and
also an external power amp running off the receiver's preamp outputs.

Steve