Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Coax cable used for DC instrumentation

Hello,
I am working with an instrument which outputs 0-5mV, and that signal
has to reach a sensing device 35' away. I am concerned with noise,
and I don't think shielded cable will work well enough. So I am
considering using coax cable. But I don't understand coax. There are
numerous "RG" ratings and ohm ratings. Suppose I used RG62 with 50
ohm terminations. What do I need to know about the termination and
the cables in order to properly use this? What's the difference
between RG62 and say RG59? What are the ohm ratings referring to, and
what terminations would I need for an ohm rating of 50? Is there a 50
ohm load which gets put somewhere in the system? Clearly I have many
questions. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Is my coax cable bad? miamicuse Home Repair 10 April 17th 14 01:44 AM
Cable TV and coax splitters - Hookup splitter to Digital Cable JTT Home Repair 1 August 24th 07 03:15 AM
Coax cable Grumps UK diy 10 June 13th 05 10:44 AM
extending coax cable to cable-modem Rick UK diy 15 February 23rd 05 11:44 AM
For the Cable Guys: Coax cable Splitter Q. Michael Stoic Home Repair 6 January 25th 05 02:28 PM