Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Resistor sortiment

Hi,

I am an hobbyist and I would need a collection of resistors.
So a box where there would be - let's say 20-40 each value of resistors
available. I haven't found such in Finland but I am sure there is a
web-store which has such. They should not be surface mounted.

I am also interested same kind of a package about diodes. and basic set
of transistors would be nice too.

--
PIC - ARM - DISPLAYS - RELAYS - MODULES - CONVERTERS - I2C - SPI -
KEYPADS - ACCESSORIES
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Kari Laine" wrote in message
Hi,

I am an hobbyist and I would need a collection of resistors.
So a box where there would be - let's say 20-40 each value of resistors
available. I haven't found such in Finland but I am sure there is a
web-store which has such. They should not be surface mounted.

Velleman do experimenters packs of resistors.

http://www.velleman.eu/distributor/h...try=fi&lang=nl

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
Kari Laine wrote:
I am an hobbyist and I would need a collection of resistors.
So a box where there would be - let's say 20-40 each value of resistors
available. I haven't found such in Finland but I am sure there is a
web-store which has such. They should not be surface mounted.

Most seem to sell them in packs of 10. If you go to 100 each you'll get
much better value from an electronics distributor and never run out. ;-)

I am also interested same kind of a package about diodes. and basic set
of transistors would be nice too.

In the UK, Ebay can be a good source of these. I got a box of 10,000
1n4148 for pennies - they'd got slightly bent so no use for automated
assembly.

--
*A fool and his money are soon partying *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In the UK, Ebay can be a good source of these. I got a box of 10,000
1n4148 for pennies - they'd got slightly bent so no use for automated
assembly.

I've never heard of anything being "slightly bent", I thought that was
like a "little bit pregnant". Either they are bent or not. :-)

Geoff.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mm mm is offline

On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 05:04:04 +0000 (UTC), "Geoffrey S. Mendelson"
wrote:

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In the UK, Ebay can be a good source of these. I got a box of 10,000
1n4148 for pennies - they'd got slightly bent so no use for automated
assembly.

I've never heard of anything being "slightly bent", I thought that was
like a "little bit pregnant". Either they are bent or not. :-)

I don't think so. How about bent slightly? Does that make you
happy?

Geoff.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

mm wrote:
I don't think so. How about bent slightly? Does that make you
happy?

My point, which was really directed at Dave (the OP) is the in British
slang, bent means stolen, so slightly bent would mean slightly stolen. :-)

I assume he meant they had leads which were no longer straight, but it
was a cute image (to me) anyway.

Back when I lived in the states, we would call it "off the back of a truck".

Geoff.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Kari Laine wrote in message
Hi,

I am an hobbyist and I would need a collection of resistors.
So a box where there would be - let's say 20-40 each value of resistors
available. I haven't found such in Finland but I am sure there is a
web-store which has such. They should not be surface mounted.

I am also interested same kind of a package about diodes. and basic set
of transistors would be nice too.

--
PIC - ARM - DISPLAYS - RELAYS - MODULES - CONVERTERS - I2C - SPI -
KEYPADS - ACCESSORIES
http://www.byvac.com (I am just a satisfied customer)

I've never been able to find a UK source for a range of wide rubber drive
bands for slow/bulbous pinnion motors, bought as a mixed lot. This week I've
found how to cut my own and now have a large range (30mm up to 190 mm
diameter x 4 to 6 mm wide and 0.75mm to 2mm thick) for most/all? future
eventualities, without the usual farting about with suppliers.
Technique not limited to that range, just limitations of my current jig.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
mm wrote:
I don't think so. How about bent slightly? Does that make you
happy?

My point, which was really directed at Dave (the OP) is the in British
slang, bent means stolen, so slightly bent would mean slightly stolen.
:-)

Heh heh - can also mean homosexual. Would have said 'gay' but that meaning
has changed here too.

I assume he meant they had leads which were no longer straight, but it
was a cute image (to me) anyway.

In one. No problem for DIY use.

Back when I lived in the states, we would call it "off the back of a
truck".

Once was 'lorry' in the UK but truck is more common now.

--
*I don't have a license to kill, but I do have a learner's permit.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Kari Laine wrote:
Hi,

I am an hobbyist and I would need a collection of resistors.
So a box where there would be - let's say 20-40 each value of resistors
available. I haven't found such in Finland but I am sure there is a
web-store which has such. They should not be surface mounted.

I am also interested same kind of a package about diodes. and basic set
of transistors would be nice too.

Hello,

Digikey (www.digikey.com) in the USA offers resistors assortments in
various configurations and by wattage. Most seem to include 5 of each
value. I'd guess that Mouser (www.mouser.com) also offers something
similar.

I believe both will ship overseas.

Regards,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
Tim Schwartz wrote:
Digikey (www.digikey.com) in the USA offers resistors assortments in
various configurations and by wattage. Most seem to include 5 of each
value. I'd guess that Mouser (www.mouser.com) also offers something
similar.

I believe both will ship overseas.

Both now have a UK presence - at least in web form - so may help with the
Euro thingie.

But Digikey are amazingly fast to the UK. Ordered some hall effect sensors
that only they seemed to stock and they arrived here within 36 hours of
placing the order via their site. And at a reasonable P&P cost compared to
many US firms that will send to the UK.

--
*If horrific means to make horrible, does terrific mean to make terrible?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mm mm is offline

On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 08:29:04 +0000 (UTC), "Geoffrey S. Mendelson"
wrote:

mm wrote:
I don't think so. How about bent slightly? Does that make you
happy?

My point, which was really directed at Dave (the OP) is the in British
slang, bent means stolen, so slightly bent would mean slightly stolen. :-)

I assume he meant they had leads which were no longer straight, but it
was a cute image (to me) anyway.

I'm sure I would have though it very funny if I spoke British.

I've been there for 6 days once and 12 hours another time, but that's
not enough.

Resistor indep Electronics Repair 5 December 10th 07 01:22 PM
Resistor value help please. [email protected] Electronics Repair 2 June 14th 07 01:26 AM
Resistor identification Eric Electronics Repair 3 July 19th 06 06:36 AM
Does anyone know the spec on this resistor? - resistor.jpg (0/1) Matt Russell Electronics 7 January 3rd 06 06:00 AM
resistor value James and Karen Stewart Electronics Repair 2 October 2nd 03 12:38 AM