Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default RCA 32V434 Dead set

howdy, I have a RCA model# 32v434 that has no picture and no sound. I
have checked the fuse. When first plugged in you can hear a relay click
and if you press the power button the power light flashes on and off
until you unplug it. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Gary
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Gary L. Woodruff wrote:
howdy, I have a RCA model# 32v434 that has no picture and no sound. I
have checked the fuse. When first plugged in you can hear a relay click
and if you press the power button the power light flashes on and off
until you unplug it. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Gary

I would suspect your set is going into an over current condition.
Check for a shorted component in the HV circuit for a start. If nothing
is found there, check for the same in the LV circuits. I trust you do
have the necessary instruments and knowledge?? If not, take it to
someone who does, it will be cheaper and safer in the long run.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Meat Plow wrote:
On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 12:22:22 -0500, "Gary L. Woodruff"
wrote:

howdy, I have a RCA model# 32v434 that has no picture and no sound. I
have checked the fuse. When first plugged in you can hear a relay click
and if you press the power button the power light flashes on and off
until you unplug it. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Gary

Do you have prior experience repairing anything 'electronic'?
Especially something that has lethal voltages inside?

Howdy all, Yes I am proficient with all test equipment. I am aware of
the proper procedure to discharge a flyback etc. I do not have a HV
probe. I have read the flyback and HOT are common failures in RCA's.
I do not have years of experience with TV's and have not repaired any in
15 years or more. I am looking for some general guidance or someone with
many years of TV repair that can SMELL whats wrong!

Thanks, Gary

is my $3,000 lcd tv dead? pete.nicks Electronics Repair 39 December 5th 07 04:04 AM
RCA TV dead Golf Electronics Repair 3 August 18th 06 05:13 PM
TV dead? 69strat Electronics Repair 10 December 24th 05 04:09 PM
dead psu yhan Electronics Repair 2 August 7th 05 08:12 AM
Panasonic G520 mobile phone - dead battery or dead phone? Just Allan Electronics Repair 0 July 18th 05 01:27 PM