Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Digital bull****

Hipupchuck wrote in message
I don't think digital is ready for prime time.
I haven't had a single digital cell phone conversation without some
audio ****ups of some kind. I can't watch a single television program or
documentary without some kind of audio or video ****up of some kind.
I listen to PBS radio a lot and every day they have some audio or RF
****up of some kind or some ****ing emergency test ****up of some kind.
This is digital **** is really a ****ed up system. Maybe I'm too old or
something but I don't remember this problem in the old days with analog
things.

Those engineers decades got it right, the current crop haven't a clue.
Traditional analogue propogation with progressively worse reception
picture becomes progressively more noisey
loose colour
vestigial picture looses syncs, sound quality gets worse
loose sound

For me most info is conveyed in the sound so it is in the correct position
of the list
Not these days , sound is about the first to go, who designed the crap
digital repeat / redundency codec algorythm ?

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
N_Cook wrote:
Those engineers decades got it right, the current crop haven't a clue.
Traditional analogue propogation with progressively worse reception
picture becomes progressively more noisey
loose colour
vestigial picture looses syncs, sound quality gets worse
loose sound

For me most info is conveyed in the sound so it is in the correct
position of the list Not these days , sound is about the first to go,
who designed the crap digital repeat / redundency codec algorythm ?

Strangely the first digital off air most had was NICAM on TV. And that was
designed so its carrier was more robust than the video. So you had
'perfect' sound even with a pretty well unwatchable picture.

--
*A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.