Posted to sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

Default Looking to block / jam VHF frequencies.

Cross-posted to sci.electronics.repair / misc, as I didn't know which
one would be most appropriate.

Anyone know of a RF noise generator / jammer, that could operate in VHF
frequencies? Preferably in UK / Europe. Ideally a radius of 20-30 metres
.. Even a circuit for a home-build may do, although I am lazy
Posted to sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

Ajax wrote:
Cross-posted to sci.electronics.repair / misc, as I didn't know which
one would be most appropriate.

Anyone know of a RF noise generator / jammer, that could operate in VHF
frequencies? Preferably in UK / Europe. Ideally a radius of 20-30 metres
. Even a circuit for a home-build may do, although I am lazy

Looking for free lodging from the government?

We have a few empty jails in the Netherlands
Posted to sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

Sjouke Burry wrote:

Looking for free lodging from the government?

We have a few empty jails in the Netherlands

It's for a home project... maybe I shoulda mentioned that

Posted to sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

"Ajax" wrote in message
o.uk...
Cross-posted to sci.electronics.repair / misc, as I didn't know which
one would be most appropriate.

Anyone know of a RF noise generator / jammer, that could operate in VHF
frequencies? Preferably in UK / Europe. Ideally a radius of 20-30 metres
. Even a circuit for a home-build may do, although I am lazy

Any spark/pulse type circuit is rich in harmonics, well through the VHF
band.

One can optimize the output energy for a given frequency range. But, what
you propose can be deleterious to neighbors and is generally not legal.

Posted to sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

Ajax wrote:
Cross-posted to sci.electronics.repair / misc, as I didn't know which
one would be most appropriate.

Anyone know of a RF noise generator / jammer, that could operate in VHF
frequencies? Preferably in UK / Europe. Ideally a radius of 20-30 metres
. Even a circuit for a home-build may do, although I am lazy

You know that that sort of thing is illegal just about everywhere, right?

Posted to sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

Jamie wrote:
Sjouke Burry wrote:
Ajax wrote:

Cross-posted to sci.electronics.repair / misc, as I didn't know which
one would be most appropriate.

Anyone know of a RF noise generator / jammer, that could operate in VHF
frequencies? Preferably in UK / Europe. Ideally a radius of 20-30 metres
. Even a circuit for a home-build may do, although I am lazy

Looking for free lodging from the government?

We have a few empty jails in the Netherlands

How's the food ?

Hmmm... Well, they had a budget cut, so......
Posted to sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

Meat Plow wrote:

What specific frequency do you wish to jam?

99-100Mhz. I know where that lies in the spectrum, but it is a personal
project with my hi-fi.

BTW I made an error in the distance... I meant 2-3 metres not 20-30 and
that _would_ have consequences.
Posted to sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 31 May 2009 22:04:28 +0100, Ajax
wrote:

Meat Plow wrote:

What specific frequency do you wish to jam?

99-100Mhz. I know where that lies in the spectrum, but it is a personal
project with my hi-fi.

BTW I made an error in the distance... I meant 2-3 metres not 20-30 and
that _would_ have consequences.

In other words, someone in your house is listening to an FM station
you don't want them to listen to? Buy an FM modulator meant to play
your ipod through your car radio or stereo, set it to the desired
frequency, and then place it near the antenna of your receiver. Or is
it your neighbor that plays a particular station too loud?

Posted to sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

On May 31, 8:40*pm, CJT wrote:
Ajax wrote:
wrote:

In other words, someone in your house is listening to an FM station
you don't want them to listen to? *Buy an FM modulator meant to play
your ipod through your car radio or stereo, set it to the desired
frequency, and then place it near the antenna of your receiver. *Or is
it your neighbor that plays a particular station too loud?

LOL, they are other good applications of this project.

The ipod transmitter may only be good for a few metres, which is fine
but what if I wanted it to go further or through a few obstacles (walls
etc)? That wouldn't really be up to it??

I thought jamming was illegal, at least in the U.S.

minimize spam. *Our true address is of the form .- Hide quoted text -

It is, and the FCC has been getting really harsh with the size of
penalties on offenders that do it deliberately.
Posted to sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

Ajax wrote:
[...]Anyone know of a RF noise generator / jammer,
that could operate in VHF frequencies?
Preferably in UK / Europe. Ideally a radius of 20-30 metres[...]

If you are planning to interfere
with a signal transmitted by someone else
and meant to be received by someone else,
the first step of this is to contact your solicitor;
have him describe the process of posting bond.

In the USA, the limit for an unlicenced transmitter
is 100mW (0.1 Watt) and it is a criminal act
to interfere with someone else's transmission and/or reception.
The details are likely similar where you are.

If you want to eliminate ALL radiant energy
in a location on YOUR property, this is the standard method:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faraday_cage
(Windows / glass doors will pose a particular challenge.)

You may already have some nutters about
who can give you pointers:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tin_foi...opular_culture

If you then want to introduce radio-frequency signals
into that area via a cable / transmission line
and *exclude* one part of the spectrum:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Band-stop_filter

Any NON-passive method will soon involve the authorities.
Posted to sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

On 2009-05-31, Ajax wrote:
Meat Plow wrote:

What specific frequency do you wish to jam?

99-100Mhz. I know where that lies in the spectrum, but it is a personal
project with my hi-fi.

BTW I made an error in the distance... I meant 2-3 metres not 20-30 and
that _would_ have consequences.

Try an FM wireless microphone. Some atleast should be adjustable into
that range.

Posted to sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

Ajax wrote:

Cross-posted to sci.electronics.repair / misc, as I didn't know which
one would be most appropriate.

Anyone know of a RF noise generator / jammer, that could operate in VHF
frequencies? Preferably in UK / Europe. Ideally a radius of 20-30 metres
. Even a circuit for a home-build may do, although I am lazy

You'll be prosecuted for operating an unlicensed transmitter.

Does that help ? Now, what's the real problem ? Neighbours ?

Graham

--
due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious adjustment
to my email address

Posted to sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

Ajax wrote:

Sjouke Burry wrote:

Looking for free lodging from the government?

We have a few empty jails in the Netherlands

It's for a home project... maybe I shoulda mentioned that

Makes no difference.

Graham

--
due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious
adjustment to my email address

Posted to sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

Ajax wrote:

Meat Plow wrote:

What specific frequency do you wish to jam?

99-100Mhz. I know where that lies in the spectrum, but it is a personal
project with my hi-fi.

BTW I made an error in the distance... I meant 2-3 metres not 20-30 and
that _would_ have consequences.

So, explain what you want to do ! BTW, distance is related to receiver
sensitivity, NOT transmitter output.

Graham

--
due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious adjustment
to my email address

Posted to sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 01 Jun 2009 12:19:16 +0100, Eeyore
wrote:

..
..
..
BTW, distance is related to receiver sensitivity, NOT transmitter output.

Huh???

JF
Posted to sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

On Fri, 29 May 2009 21:41:34 +0100, Ajax
wrote:

Sjouke Burry wrote:

Looking for free lodging from the government?

We have a few empty jails in the Netherlands

It's for a home project... maybe I shoulda mentioned that

---
What's the project?

JF

Posted to sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 01 Jun 2009 01:09:15 +0100, Ajax

In other words, someone in your house is listening to an FM station
you don't want them to listen to? Buy an FM modulator meant to play
your ipod through your car radio or stereo, set it to the desired
frequency, and then place it near the antenna of your receiver. Or is
it your neighbor that plays a particular station too loud?

LOL, they are other good applications of this project.

Such as?

The ipod transmitter may only be good for a few metres, which is fine
but what if I wanted it to go further or through a few obstacles (walls
etc)? That wouldn't really be up to it??

Ok, more power. I might as well become part of the problem.
Search for "lower power FM transmitter".
http://www.ramseyelectronics.com/fm/
http://www.ramseyelectronics.com/hk/default.asp?page=amfm
Be the first on your block to dominate the airwaves.

As others have mentioned, what you're suggesting is illegal. However
it won't work. If the intended victim is playing their FM radio too
loud, they'll just switch to MP3's, internet radio, or satellite
radio.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Posted to sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

Bob Larter wrote:
Ajax wrote:
Cross-posted to sci.electronics.repair / misc, as I didn't know which
one would be most appropriate.

Anyone know of a RF noise generator / jammer, that could operate in VHF
frequencies? Preferably in UK / Europe. Ideally a radius of 20-30 metres
. Even a circuit for a home-build may do, although I am lazy

You know that that sort of thing is illegal just about everywhere, right?

But how many of us would look the other way if it were a device for
preventing mobile phone use on public transport?

Sylvia.
Posted to sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair
Ron Ron is offline

Sylvia Else wrote:
Bob Larter wrote:
Ajax wrote:
Cross-posted to sci.electronics.repair / misc, as I didn't know which
one would be most appropriate.

Anyone know of a RF noise generator / jammer, that could operate in VHF
frequencies? Preferably in UK / Europe. Ideally a radius of 20-30 metres
. Even a circuit for a home-build may do, although I am lazy

You know that that sort of thing is illegal just about everywhere, right?

But how many of us would look the other way if it were a device for
preventing mobile phone use on public transport?

Sylvia.

It`s not 'horrorfag' MI5 agents doing unspeakable thngs outside his
window is it? ;^)
Posted to sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

Eeyore wrote:

So, explain what you want to do ! BTW, distance is related to receiver
sensitivity, NOT transmitter output.

The brain dead donkey is at it again.

Posted to sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

In article , "Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

Eeyore wrote:

So, explain what you want to do ! BTW, distance is related to receiver
sensitivity, NOT transmitter output.

The brain dead donkey is at it again.

Lets see

It could be neither if out of range.
Quadruple power = twice the distance
Twice the sensitivity = twice the distance
Twice the ERP = 50% increase in distance

Also related to frequency

Twice the height= I better stop here.

greg