Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default FM Transceiver Numbers and Actual Frequencies

I have the portable radios that use "number codes" for lack of a
better term. They have a large number, such as a 3, and then a small
privacy code number. I have some old walkie-talkies that broadcast on
a set frequency (45.something), and I want to use them together. They
are both FM radios.

What website would have a conversion table? Five minutes of Googling
didn't yeild any results. A quick response would be great. I tired
using the scan function, but it didn't find it. Thanks in advance.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Erik wrote:
I have the portable radios that use "number codes" for lack of a
better term. They have a large number, such as a 3, and then a small
privacy code number. I have some old walkie-talkies that broadcast on
a set frequency (45.something), and I want to use them together. They
are both FM radios.

Where are you?

They probably are FRS (Family Radio Service) transcievers. In the
America's they use 464 mHz, in Europe, Asia and Africa, they use
446 mHz.

The old "walkie talkies" are probably on 49mHz, a totaly different band.

They could also be on 27 mHz (CB) or 29mHz (29.7-29.9). If you are in
the U.K. and they are really old, they could be 900mHz CB, which was
"deleted" to make way for GSM "mobiles" (cell phones).

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838
Visit my 'blog at
http://geoffstechno.livejournal.com/
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
Erik wrote:
I have the portable radios that use "number codes" for lack of a
better term. They have a large number, such as a 3, and then a small
privacy code number. I have some old walkie-talkies that broadcast on
a set frequency (45.something), and I want to use them together. They
are both FM radios.

Where are you?

They probably are FRS (Family Radio Service) transcievers. In the
America's they use 464 mHz, in Europe, Asia and Africa, they use
446 mHz.

The old "walkie talkies" are probably on 49mHz, a totaly different band.

They could also be on 27 mHz (CB) or 29mHz (29.7-29.9). If you are in
the U.K. and they are really old, they could be 900mHz CB, which was
"deleted" to make way for GSM "mobiles" (cell phones).

There's also some Hi-VHF walkie talkies with limited channels used
in the construction industry. (I don't remember if they use colors
or numbers for the channel designation). In the 150-160 MHz range.
Not possible to operate with the 49 MHz stuff.

Mark Zenier

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Erik hath wroth:

I have the portable radios that use "number codes" for lack of a
better term. They have a large number, such as a 3, and then a small
privacy code number. I have some old walkie-talkies that broadcast on
a set frequency (45.something), and I want to use them together. They
are both FM radios.

What website would have a conversion table? Five minutes of Googling
didn't yeild any results. A quick response would be great. I tired
using the scan function, but it didn't find it. Thanks in advance.

Find the serial number tag. It usually has the manufacturer and model
number attached. It may be inside the battery compartment.

If it has the FCC ID number, go to:
https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/GenericSearch.cfm
and punch in the grantee code and product code. The grantee code is
the first 3 digits of the FCC ID. The product code is the remaining
digits. The resultant pages should give you a clue as to what the
radio can do. If it's a commerical radio, you'll probably need to get
a license to use it.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Erik wrote in news:1192031039.448535.240220
@v3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

http://www.w4zt.com/freqs/frs.html