Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default RTC Battery Location in Dell Latitude CPt Laptop

Hi,

I have replaced RTC (cmos) batteries on other laptops, but I could not
locate the RTC battery in this Dell Latitude CPt V466GT (Windows 98se)
laptop. I found the location of the 7.2 nmh battery (not the "main" battery)
that is used as a "backup" (to save data), when the "main" battery runs low.

Do you know where the RTC battery is located in this model laptop?

Or, do you know where I can download a service manual that has that
information?
Thanks in advance, Brad

be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Brad wrote:

Hi,

I have replaced RTC (cmos) batteries on other laptops, but I
could not
locate the RTC battery in this Dell Latitude CPt V466GT (Windows
98se)
laptop. I found the location of the 7.2 nmh battery (not the "main"
battery) that is used as a "backup" (to save data), when the "main"
battery runs low.

Do you know where the RTC battery is located in this model
laptop?

Or, do you know where I can download a service manual that has
that
information?
Thanks in advance, Brad

be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.

Have you looked under the keyboard ?

--
Best Regards:
Baron.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Hi!

I believe you will find that the reserve battery *is* the CMOS battery
as well.

If you are trying to clear a password, you may have to move a jumper
inside the system or contact Dell.

William
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Assuming the Latitude you have is the CPt V series, here is the
official service manual:

http://support.dell.com/support/edoc...v/5169t_en.pdf

William