Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Dremmel minidrill , normal or worn ?

Mod 358, ser 5-13. I'd not noticed before but there is a lot of axial
movement of the chuck. Normal or worn ? Went inside , needed a clean out and
lubricating if nothing else. There is a wavy thin compression spring/washer
on the axle but it is about 1mm away from the bearing, so about 2mm of
possible movement between static and active use.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Mod 358, ser 5-13. I'd not noticed before but there is a lot of axial
movement of the chuck. Normal or worn ? Went inside , needed a clean out and
lubricating if nothing else. There is a wavy thin compression spring/washer
on the axle but it is about 1mm away from the bearing, so about 2mm of
possible movement between static and active use.

My model 359 Dremel has perhaps .5 mm of play along the axis.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Dave Platt wrote in message
Mod 358, ser 5-13. I'd not noticed before but there is a lot of axial
movement of the chuck. Normal or worn ? Went inside , needed a clean out

and
lubricating if nothing else. There is a wavy thin compression

spring/washer
on the axle but it is about 1mm away from the bearing, so about 2mm of
possible movement between static and active use.

My model 359 Dremel has perhaps .5 mm of play along the axis.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO

Normally it would not matter but yesterday I was using it for "precision
grinding" but as very light back torque/ cutting force. I don't think it
affected things, the reaction thrust from the fan was enough to make sure
the chuck did not move forward. I will have another look now the grinding
job is done.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

some repair notes
Mark which way round the bearing retaining clips are mounted and
the stator orientation before unclipping the bearings.
Note the stator wire furthest from the cable inlet goes under
the brush mount. a nylon pad is located as axle back stop.
The shaft is domed at the end and for some odd reason a pip on
top of that that had worn into the pad. Turned this pad around
and added 1mm extra padding glued behind it. But was too much
so removed and added (glued in place) 0.6mm instead. To check out motor and
use commutator bedding stone its a matter of
taping around the chuck lock spring ring and a couple of cable
ties around each brush mount and around 2 partially replaced body screw and
through vent holes
to operate with the commutator exposed.
Triac BT24A, 100nF 250V, 10K,4.7K, 390K , 56R
and log pot that measured 220K max, in cct

Worn keyway [email protected] Metalworking 39 April 9th 09 01:54 AM
Dremmel Tool in2dadark Home Repair 4 January 2nd 09 04:33 PM
Dremmel Grout Removal Kit The Medway Handyman UK diy 18 May 21st 07 10:33 PM
cracking drywall, what normal, not normal [email protected] Home Repair 8 August 5th 06 07:27 AM
Dremmel tool KTECH Home Repair 14 December 6th 05 12:43 AM