Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dremmel Tool

I need a cut out tool to install a towel bar in a shower I recently
redid with tile. I thought I wasn't going to miss the towel bar there.
But I was wrong.

I did a search and someone recommended a chicago type corded dremmel
tool for around 100$? Is that the consensus? Is that the same Chicago
tool company that is sold at Harbor Freight?

TIA

Posted to alt.home.repair

What is being suggested is the Chicago (read: Harbor Freight)
knock off of the Fein Multimaster. Dremel has made a knock off of
it also.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"in2dadark" wrote in message
I need a cut out tool to install a towel bar in a shower I
recently
redid with tile. I thought I wasn't going to miss the towel bar
there.
But I was wrong.

I did a search and someone recommended a chicago type corded
dremmel
tool for around 100$? Is that the consensus? Is that the same
Chicago
tool company that is sold at Harbor Freight?

TIA

Posted to alt.home.repair

DanG wrote:
What is being suggested is the Chicago (read: Harbor Freight)
knock off of the Fein Multimaster. Dremel has made a knock off of
it also.

As has Rockwell, Bosch, and others.

Does anyone know whether the bits (blades?) are interchangeable?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"DanG" wrote in message
news
What is being suggested is the Chicago (read: Harbor Freight) knock off of
the Fein Multimaster. Dremel has made a knock off of it also.

If you are going to do much with this tool, and everyone does once they buy
one, get a Foredom.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 12:39:43 -0800 (PST), in2dadark
wrote:

I need a cut out tool to install a towel bar in a shower I recently
redid with tile. I thought I wasn't going to miss the towel bar there.
But I was wrong.

I did a search and someone recommended a chicago type corded dremmel
tool for around 100$? Is that the consensus? Is that the same Chicago
tool company that is sold at Harbor Freight?

TIA

Why buy a "Chicago" brand when there are plenty of Dremmels under
$100? Hard to find a lower quality than "Chicago."