DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Dremmel Tool (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/267663-dremmel-tool.html)

in2dadark December 28th 08 08:39 PM

Dremmel Tool

I need a cut out tool to install a towel bar in a shower I recently
redid with tile. I thought I wasn't going to miss the towel bar there.
But I was wrong.

I did a search and someone recommended a chicago type corded dremmel
tool for around 100$? Is that the consensus? Is that the same Chicago
tool company that is sold at Harbor Freight?

TIA

DanG December 28th 08 10:37 PM

Dremmel Tool

What is being suggested is the Chicago (read: Harbor Freight)
knock off of the Fein Multimaster. Dremel has made a knock off of
it also.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

HeyBub[_3_] December 29th 08 12:53 AM

Dremmel Tool

DanG wrote:
What is being suggested is the Chicago (read: Harbor Freight)
knock off of the Fein Multimaster. Dremel has made a knock off of
it also.

As has Rockwell, Bosch, and others.

Does anyone know whether the bits (blades?) are interchangeable?

SteveB December 29th 08 05:00 PM

Dremmel Tool

"DanG" wrote in message
What is being suggested is the Chicago (read: Harbor Freight) knock off of
the Fein Multimaster. Dremel has made a knock off of it also.

If you are going to do much with this tool, and everyone does once they buy
one, get a Foredom.

Steve

Phisherman[_2_] January 2nd 09 04:33 PM

Dremmel Tool

On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 12:39:43 -0800 (PST), in2dadark
wrote:

I need a cut out tool to install a towel bar in a shower I recently
redid with tile. I thought I wasn't going to miss the towel bar there.
But I was wrong.

I did a search and someone recommended a chicago type corded dremmel
tool for around 100$? Is that the consensus? Is that the same Chicago
tool company that is sold at Harbor Freight?

TIA

Why buy a "Chicago" brand when there are plenty of Dremmels under
$100? Hard to find a lower quality than "Chicago."