Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Tektronix 2445b with problem

I have a problem with my 2445b, when that powers up and stops at the
"add" button when doing the initial tests.
Has anybody had the same problem an d fix it?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Bestmimo wrote:
I have a problem with my 2445b, when that powers up and stops at the
"add" button when doing the initial tests.
Has anybody had the same problem an d fix it?

BAMA has the manual for download. ftp://bama.sbc.edu/downloads/tek/2445/

I didn't see your problem in a quick skim of the troubleshooting
section, but you might be able to get more info from the diagnostics.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Shawn D'Alimonte wrote in
:

Bestmimo wrote:
I have a problem with my 2445b, when that powers up and stops at the
"add" button when doing the initial tests.
Has anybody had the same problem an d fix it?

Perhaps a stuck front panel switch or button.
That's one of the startup tests.
the lit front panel lights make up a trouble code that is described in the
Maintenance Section.

BAMA has the manual for download. ftp://bama.sbc.edu/downloads/tek/2445/

I didn't see your problem in a quick skim of the troubleshooting
section, but you might be able to get more info from the diagnostics.

BAMA now wants a password to download,but their mirror site doesn't.

BTW,the Dallas NVRAM IC is right at the 10 yr age limit in the IC data
sheets,so loss of calibration data is possible.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 2 Apr 2009 13:29:03 GMT, Jim Yanik wrote:

BAMA now wants a password to download,but their mirror site doesn't.

Not exactly. When I try it via FTP, I get asked for a password.
However, the error message when I hit cancel results in:

530 The maximum number of anonymous FTP users (10) are already
connected... try back in a few minutes.

I can't tell if this is an intentional new policy or a misconfigured
ftp server. I'll guess(tm) the latter.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
Jeff Liebermann wrote:

Not exactly. When I try it via FTP, I get asked for a password.
However, the error message when I hit cancel results in:

530 The maximum number of anonymous FTP users (10) are already
connected... try back in a few minutes.

I can't tell if this is an intentional new policy or a misconfigured
ftp server. I'll guess(tm) the latter.

Neither. They've had this policy and practice for as long as I can
remember using BAMA.

Either try back later when they're less heavily loaded, or use the
edebris mirror.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 02 Apr 2009 10:02:48 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

On 2 Apr 2009 13:29:03 GMT, Jim Yanik wrote:

BAMA now wants a password to download,but their mirror site doesn't.

Not exactly. When I try it via FTP, I get asked for a password.
However, the error message when I hit cancel results in:

530 The maximum number of anonymous FTP users (10) are already
connected... try back in a few minutes.

I can't tell if this is an intentional new policy or a misconfigured
ftp server. I'll guess(tm) the latter.

The message is 100% correct, just try later. Not a configuration
error, the site wishes to limit the max number of users, that's all!

The mirror site(s) don't seem to be as limited, try them.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Jeff Liebermann wrote:

On 2 Apr 2009 13:29:03 GMT, Jim Yanik wrote:

BAMA now wants a password to download,but their mirror site doesn't.

Not exactly. When I try it via FTP, I get asked for a password.
However, the error message when I hit cancel results in:

530 The maximum number of anonymous FTP users (10) are already
connected... try back in a few minutes.

I can't tell if this is an intentional new policy or a misconfigured
ftp server. I'll guess(tm) the latter.

Both BAMA sites are on donated space. The original is only allowed
10 simultaneous users, but the other server allows a lot more
connections.

--
And another motherboard bites the dust!
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Hi, how I can tell, when I put on the oscilloscope, the traces come on
like a flash, and it start the test, put it canīt finish the test
because itīs stop!
And itīs stop at the add button.
What I need to certificate?

Bests regards
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Bestmimo" wrote:
Hi, how I can tell, when I put on the oscilloscope, the traces come on
like a flash, and it start the test, put it canīt finish the test

Verify that the unit is not in single shot mode.

Jon

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Jon Danniken" wrote in
:

"Bestmimo" wrote:
Hi, how I can tell, when I put on the oscilloscope, the traces come on
like a flash, and it start the test, put it canīt finish the test

do you get any CRT display? Like "Fail Test 04-11" on the Readout line?
or no display at all?

Verify that the unit is not in single shot mode.

Jon

it's going into startup diagnostic test,then stops.
could be a stuck front panel button or switch,or a hardware problem.(on the
A5 microprocessor board.)Probably a hardware problem.
the front panel LEDs light to give a preliminary error code.
the manual Maintenance Section(Sec.6) has the info for this.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Dave Platt wrote:
In article ,
Jeff Liebermann wrote:

Not exactly. When I try it via FTP, I get asked for a password.
However, the error message when I hit cancel results in:

530 The maximum number of anonymous FTP users (10) are already
connected... try back in a few minutes.

I can't tell if this is an intentional new policy or a misconfigured
ftp server. I'll guess(tm) the latter.

Neither. They've had this policy and practice for as long as I can
remember using BAMA.

Either try back later when they're less heavily loaded, or use the
edebris mirror.

What's the URL for the mirror site?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

http://bama.edebris.com/

--
And another motherboard bites the dust!
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Jim Yanik wrote:

I downloaded a 2465B manual a few weeks ago from BAMA,had no problem,then
the other day I got the password crap.The mirror site worked fine.

I'll bet you were using Internet Explorer. IE has trouble with FTP
access on some servers and has been reported multiple times for the main
BAMA site.

--
And another motherboard bites the dust!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Bob Larter wrote:
What's the URL for the mirror site?

http://bama.edebris.com/

Thanks!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Bob Larter wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Bob Larter wrote:
What's the URL for the mirror site?

http://bama.edebris.com/

Thanks!

You're welcome. He has a lot of good information on the two sites.

--
And another motherboard bites the dust!