Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Tektronix 2445b with problem

Shawn D'Alimonte wrote in
:

Bestmimo wrote:
I have a problem with my 2445b, when that powers up and stops at the
"add" button when doing the initial tests.
Has anybody had the same problem an d fix it?

Perhaps a stuck front panel switch or button.
That's one of the startup tests.
the lit front panel lights make up a trouble code that is described in the
Maintenance Section.

BAMA has the manual for download. ftp://bama.sbc.edu/downloads/tek/2445/

I didn't see your problem in a quick skim of the troubleshooting
section, but you might be able to get more info from the diagnostics.

BAMA now wants a password to download,but their mirror site doesn't.

BTW,the Dallas NVRAM IC is right at the 10 yr age limit in the IC data
sheets,so loss of calibration data is possible.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik