Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Electonic endless loop 'tape'

that will play some different Irish and Scotland songs/music I want to
put on there and keep on playing over and over.Where can I buy something
like that? I have my reasons.
cuhulin

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
wrote:
that will play some different Irish and Scotland songs/music I want to
put on there and keep on playing over and over.Where can I buy something
like that? I have my reasons.

You'll need a very special machine for this due to the unique audio
spectrum this music uses.

--
*Organized Crime Is Alive And Well; It's Called Auto Insurance. *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
that will play some different Irish and Scotland songs/music I want to
put on there and keep on playing over and over.Where can I buy something
like that? I have my reasons.
cuhulin

Does it have to be 'electronic' ? Virtually any old boot sale conventional
tape deck from a few years ago, has an 'auto-reverse' facility that is
usually settable for either forward and back once, or round and round for
ever.

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

You can purchase an endless-loop tape cassette...

http://www.moretronics.com/Tdk-EC6M-...-Loop-Tape.htm

But they're not very long. The problem is overcoming friction.

Besides, you said you wanted an "electonic" [sic] "tape". You should be able
to set up most jukeboxes to repeat a selection or group of selections.

PS: When I Googled for "endless loop tape", the OP's posting appeared near
the top of the list! Google's Web crawlers seem to work very fast...

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
that will play some different Irish and Scotland songs/music I want to
put on there and keep on playing over and over.Where can I buy something
like that? I have my reasons.
cuhulin

8 track recorder and players do exist but very old these days and the
materials used inside the cassettes are not reliable over this span of time,
but those bits could be replaced.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
N Cook wrote:
wrote in message
that will play some different Irish and Scotland songs/music I want to
put on there and keep on playing over and over.Where can I buy
something like that? I have my reasons. cuhulin

8 track recorder and players do exist but very old these days and the
materials used inside the cassettes are not reliable over this span of
time, but those bits could be replaced.

MiniDisc players fetch little these days and would be ideal for this task.
Just make sure the particular model has this facility.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

*The older you get, the better you realize you were.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 09:38:41 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:
that will play some different Irish and Scotland songs/music I want to
put on there and keep on playing over and over.Where can I buy something
like that? I have my reasons.

You'll need a very special machine for this due to the unique audio
spectrum this music uses.

Not true, for that music, telephone quality should do just fine. gdr
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
PeterD wrote:
On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 09:38:41 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:
that will play some different Irish and Scotland songs/music I want
to put on there and keep on playing over and over.Where can I buy
something like that? I have my reasons.

You'll need a very special machine for this due to the unique audio
spectrum this music uses.

Not true, for that music, telephone quality should do just fine. gdr

Och. ;-)

There's actually a modicum of truth in my 'joke'. The various harmonics
generated by bagpipes are rather unique - and some data reduction systems
don't cope well with them. So if you can stand it - quite a good test.

--
*If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

*If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?*

One might say the same about Ms. B, herself.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

In article ,
wrote:
that will play some different Irish and Scotland songs/music I want to
put on there and keep on playing over and over.Where can I buy something
like that? I have my reasons.

You'll need a very special machine for this due to the unique audio
spectrum this music uses.

All he needs is an old 8-track tape recorder, and some new blank
tapes.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

msg wrote:

Allodoxaphobia wrote:

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 20:53:22 -0500, wrote:

that will play some different Irish and Scotland songs/music I want to
put on there and keep on playing over and over.Where can I buy something
like that?

You have just described an MP3 player.

I have my reasons.

Do they involve dogs or small children?

Jonesy

Wasn't there a Monty Python sketch that referred to the reason for using bagpipes
as a weapon as "an instrument that would really **** people off"?

We had a skunk problem under the house and had tried all sorts of repellents; the
only effective remedy was to operate an AM radio there tuned to a talk station that
played Rush Limbaugh 10 out of 24 hours (seriously, it worked).

The skunk was outgunned by an expert gasbag?

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
Michael A. Terrell wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

In article ,
wrote:
that will play some different Irish and Scotland songs/music I want
to put on there and keep on playing over and over.Where can I buy
something like that? I have my reasons.

You'll need a very special machine for this due to the unique audio
spectrum this music uses.

All he needs is an old 8-track tape recorder, and some new blank
tapes.

In the UK they were extremely rare. Car players were more common. But
MiniDiscs are around and few want them these days so they are very cheap.
And a far more satisfactory answer. The 8 track was an abortion of a
device - even although I do have a working one.

--
*If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

In article ,
Michael A. Terrell wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

In article ,
wrote:
that will play some different Irish and Scotland songs/music I want
to put on there and keep on playing over and over.Where can I buy
something like that? I have my reasons.

You'll need a very special machine for this due to the unique audio
spectrum this music uses.

All he needs is an old 8-track tape recorder, and some new blank
tapes.

In the UK they were extremely rare. Car players were more common. But
MiniDiscs are around and few want them these days so they are very cheap.
And a far more satisfactory answer. The 8 track was an abortion of a
device - even although I do have a working one.

I found several over the years for under a dollar.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I have an old 8 track player.Bill Lear invented the 8 track.
cuhulin

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
Jeff Liebermann wrote:
I have an old 8 track player.Bill Lear invented the 8 track.
cuhulin

Sorta. Bill Lear initially designed a continuous loop *wire*
recorder/player.

I remember seeing a 4 track mono cart player where the tracks were
selected manually which was said to have come from a Lear jet.

Mad Man Muntz morphed the radio station Fidelipac
cartridge player into a consumer product.

Indeed - it's obvious by the dimensions of the cart that it was based on
the pro device.

Bill Lear came back later,
became a distributor for Muntz, and sold it to Ford, Motorola, and
RCA.

--
*Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental

Endless pool? Jim & Lil Home Repair 2 October 18th 05 09:15 PM
Endless pools and hot tubs Evon Barvinchack Home Repair 0 September 26th 05 01:41 PM
Endless or INfinite pool Art Home Repair 2 June 23rd 05 02:26 AM
how can tape loop in cassette if i dont have rewind? beerismygas Electronics Repair 3 March 29th 05 09:26 AM