Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Mitsubishi HS-U410 - need parts

I need the following parts for a Mits. HS-U410 VCR. All these parts
are NLA from Mitsubishi, and this model is probably too new (1996) for
any aftermarket parts to have been made for it. If anyone has any of
these parts laying around, I'd be glad to take them off your hands.

522B057030 Idler assembly

439D039010 or 439P031010 Mode switch - I believe these may be
interchangeable - the 2nd number is listed for the HS-U410(C) Canadian
model. I don't know why the Canadian version would use a different
mode switch than the U.S. version.

752C160020 or 0030 Cassette door. The tab that lifts the door when
ejecting the tape is broken off and missing.

Mike
WB2MEP
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article , Mike WB2MEP wrote:
I need the following parts for a Mits. HS-U410 VCR. All these parts
are NLA from Mitsubishi, and this model is probably too new (1996) for
any aftermarket parts to have been made for it. If anyone has any of
these parts laying around, I'd be glad to take them off your hands.

522B057030 Idler assembly

Dou you need the idler assembly or just the rubber tire?
http://www.studiosoundelectronics.com/mbk-28.htm

Basically go here, enter the parts needed in the partsfinder form , and the
guys WILL email you back if they have these parts available. I have never had
them not email me promptly with answers.

http://www.studiosoundelectronics.com/pfinder.htm
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Mike WB2MEP wrote:
I need the following parts for a Mits. HS-U410 VCR. All these parts
are NLA from Mitsubishi, and this model is probably too new (1996) for
any aftermarket parts to have been made for it. If anyone has any of
these parts laying around, I'd be glad to take them off your hands.

522B057030 Idler assembly

439D039010 or 439P031010 Mode switch - I believe these may be
interchangeable - the 2nd number is listed for the HS-U410(C) Canadian
model. I don't know why the Canadian version would use a different
mode switch than the U.S. version.

752C160020 or 0030 Cassette door. The tab that lifts the door when
ejecting the tape is broken off and missing.

Mike
WB2MEP

Remove the cassette lid and then you won't need the tab part. You'll never
find the replacement unless you find another machine just like it.

You can try to disassemble the mode switch and clean it. Or you can try to
poke a hole in the case and squirt some cleaner in there. Don't poke too far
or you'll put a hole in the internal pc board.

Good luck.
--
David Farber
David Farber's Service Center

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sep 24, 12:52*pm, (GMAN) wrote:
In article , Mike WB2MEP wrote:

I need the following parts for a Mits. HS-U410 VCR. *All these parts
are NLA from Mitsubishi, and this model is probably too new (1996) for
any aftermarket parts to have been made for it. *If anyone has any of
these parts laying around, I'd be glad to take them off your hands.

522B057030 Idler assembly

Dou you need the idler assembly or just the rubber tire?http://www.studiosoundelectronics.com/mbk-28.htm

Basically go here, enter the parts needed in the partsfinder form , and the
guys WILL email you back if they have these parts available. I have never had
them not email me promptly with answers.

http://www.studiosoundelectronics.com/pfinder.htm

Been there. done that...

That's where I got the belts from for this VCR.
The idler in this VCR does't have a rubber tire like the older
models. It's a pretty complex gear/clutch assembly that also does the
gear-ratio change for FF/REW. If you look at their description, the
rubber maintenance kit only includes the belts and pinch roller. The
pinch roller was in great condition, so I only originally ordered the
belt kit .

I've been ordering from Studio Sound for years. I tried parts finder
before posting here, and he e-mailed be back within 2-3 hours, saying
he couldn't supply any of those parts and that Mits has discontinued
90% of their VCR parts. Unfortunately, Mits didn't sell parts thru any
of the big distributors in the US, so there wouldn't be any old stock
around. It's too bad Studio Sound didn't get the VCR boneyard when he
bought out diyvcrparts.com a few years ago. I figured someone may
have these parts on a shelf in their shop somewhere.
I was able to get a lower cylinder assembly for my own VCR from
someone on this NG a few years ago,
so I figured I'd try it again...
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sep 24, 7:07*pm, "David Farber" wrote:
Mike WB2MEP wrote:
[...]

L.A., CA- Hide quoted text -

David,

This is my Dad's VCR, and that door's been like that for a few years.
He just pushes it open
manually when he ejects the tape. I just figured I'd fix that while I
had the VCR and was ordering
other parts for it.

The only part that I really would like to get is the idler. It's not
causing any problem yet, but the
take-up reel torque is quite a bit lower than usual. The mode switch
is OK now, but I figured I'd
order one along with the other parts to have on hand when I need it.

Interestingly, my Dad bought two new VCR-DVD combos to replace this
this VCR and another
older ('87) Mits VCR that I just fixed, but he couldn't figure out how
to connect them to his TVs.
When I went up to see the folks in July, I took a look at them (crappy
Funai/Sylvanias) and the
damn things HAD NO TUNERs. This made them worthless, as they use the
VCRs to tape off
of cable. So that's why I'm fixing these old VCRs.

Mike
WB2MEP

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 17:35:13 -0700 (PDT), Mike WB2MEP
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I need the following parts for a Mits. HS-U410 VCR. All these parts
are NLA from Mitsubishi, and this model is probably too new (1996) for
any aftermarket parts to have been made for it. If anyone has any of
these parts laying around, I'd be glad to take them off your hands.

522B057030 Idler assembly

522B057030 is available from WES Components in Australia for AU$14.75,
stock code GIA5703.

Suits models HSM50,X3,X5,X7,X10,X20.

Page 4-55 in WES catalogue:
http://www.wagner.net.au/catalogue/04_Video.pdf

439D039010 or 439P031010 Mode switch - I believe these may be
interchangeable - the 2nd number is listed for the HS-U410(C) Canadian
model. I don't know why the Canadian version would use a different
mode switch than the U.S. version.

439D039010 and 43P03101/0 are available from WES Components in
Australia for AU$7.75, stock code SW3901.

Suits models HSM50,X3,X5,X7,X10,X20.

Page 4-92 in WES catalogue.

752C160020 or 0030 Cassette door. The tab that lifts the door when
ejecting the tape is broken off and missing.

Sorry, I couldn't find it in the catalogue.

Mike
WB2MEP

Unfortunately WES don't ship overseas, but if you can reimburse my
costs (via Paypal), I'm prepared to order the parts on your behalf and
ship them to you.

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article , Mike WB2MEP wrote:
On Sep 24, 12:52=A0pm, (GMAN) wrote:
In article =

..com, Mike WB2MEP wrote:

I need the following parts for a Mits. HS-U410 VCR. =A0All these parts
are NLA from Mitsubishi, and this model is probably too new (1996) for
any aftermarket parts to have been made for it. =A0If anyone has any of
[...]

Ill go out to my shed this weekend and see if i have one of those. I have over
20 Mitsubishi vcr's and i will see if i have one.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sep 26, 5:24*pm, (GMAN) wrote:
In article , Mike WB2MEP wrote:

Ill go out to my shed this weekend and see if i have one of those. I have over
20 Mitsubishi vcr's and i will see if i have one

Thanks, but Franc Zabkar has a local distributor that stocks the
Idler & Mode switch, and
I took him up on his offer to buy and mail them to me.

On failure-prone items like idlers, I'd rather get new parts if
available. The mode sw.
in the VCR is OK now, but would like to have a spare on hand. It's
my Dad's VCR,
so I'll be seeing it again next time it breaks, and parts aren't
getting any easier to find.

If those parts turn out to be NLA from Franc's distributor, I'll
post back.

Thanks,

Mike
WB2MEP