Posted to sci.electronics.repair
No Name

Default Sony AX1 chassis prob - won't start when warm

Hi. Got a Sony KDP-57SW550 with AX1 chassis. I do also have the print for
it, but hate to re-invent the wheel if someone has seen this before.

Here is the problem -- when set is cold, like off all night, starts fine,
will run forever.

If set has been running a while and is warmed up good, it will click, but
makes no high voltage, timer lamp blinks 9, then 10 times. Checked all
boards for solder joints, drowned HV section in freon trying for a heat
problem there. Nothing. Wait some hours, starts fine. Checked IC8002 for
output on pins 12 and 16. Nothing when hot, but cooling has no effect.
Friend of mine said something about disconnecting the voltage sense line
coming from main power section, but I am iffy about that as a permanent fix.
I reckon it is there for a reason.

If anyone has found a fix for this, please drop me a line.

Thanks, Danny

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
[...]

I have a fix - take a ****ing **** on it.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
[...]

Sony rebuilds that board for under $50, which is so cheap that it is not
worth the time and parts to repair it. If it turns out to be the flyback it
will cost you twice that just for the part.

Leonard

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
No Name

Thank you Curtis but I was looking for a more professional reply.