Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Re-solder FBT -safety concern

Hi,
my Panasonic Quintrix F 24" TV keeps stretching the display in the
horizontal direction (objects became fatter).
I was told that re-solder FBT section may solve the problem. I can
reach the solder side without disconnecting the anode from the tube.
My concern is should I discharge the anode & AC input filter capacitor
before proceeding?

Thanks in advance
ck
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

writes:

Hi,
my Panasonic Quintrix F 24" TV keeps stretching the display in the
horizontal direction (objects became fatter).
I was told that re-solder FBT section may solve the problem. I can
reach the solder side without disconnecting the anode from the tube.
My concern is should I discharge the anode & AC input filter capacitor
before proceeding?

You don't need to discharge the CRT before soldering the FBT.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:
http://www.repairfaq.org/

Electrical safety concern Phil UK diy 2 June 14th 07 04:25 AM
Consumer Product Safety Comm. to discuss proposed SawStop technology safety rule George Max Woodworking 256 September 16th 06 06:03 PM
Gas Leak - Cause for Concern? TheScullster UK diy 15 November 22nd 05 12:56 AM
Solder joints beneath floor - safety? kmillar UK diy 58 March 24th 05 08:55 AM
Joist Concern! citizensband UK diy 3 July 15th 03 08:12 PM