Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Korg T3 synthesizer

I need values for R5 and R7 in power supply.

Thanks!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Damir Friscic" wrote in message
I need values for R5 and R7 in power supply.

Thanks!

I suspect this is a Switch Mode Power Supply? Korg Technical support may be
able to help (+44 1908 857130 in the UK), but quite often these SMPS's are
just bought in from various sources, and so there are no schematics or parts
information available.

Good luck.

Gareth.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Damir Friscic wrote in message
I need values for R5 and R7 in power supply.

Thanks!

Assuming they are burnt rather/charred than someone has removed them.
Some tips relating to gauging what their approximate value was etc on the 3
tips files off my URL below

But if SMPS should tread carefully using a variac plus isolation transformer

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Gareth Magennis" wrote in message

I suspect this is a Switch Mode Power Supply? Korg Technical support may
be able to help (+44 1908 857130 in the UK), but quite often these
SMPS's are just bought in from various sources, and so there are no
schematics or parts information available.

Good luck.

Gareth.

Yes, SMPS it is. I'm from Croatia, our local Korg dealer is of no help.
I thought if someone have service manual to read those values for me
( SMPS schematics is a part of SM in this case).

Thank you for your answer.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"N_Cook" wrote in message

Assuming they are burnt rather/charred than someone has removed them.
Some tips relating to gauging what their approximate value was etc on the
3
tips files off my URL below

But if SMPS should tread carefully using a variac plus isolation
transformer

Yes, they are burnt.

Thanks for the link.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Damir Friscic" wrote in message

"Gareth Magennis" wrote in message

I suspect this is a Switch Mode Power Supply? Korg Technical support may
be able to help (+44 1908 857130 in the UK), but quite often these
SMPS's are just bought in from various sources, and so there are no
schematics or parts information available.

Good luck.

Gareth.

Yes, SMPS it is. I'm from Croatia, our local Korg dealer is of no help.
I thought if someone have service manual to read those values for me
( SMPS schematics is a part of SM in this case).

Thank you for your answer.

If you get nothing here, phone Korg UK service department on the number I
gave you - I think that a while ago I had the same problem with a Korg SMPS
and the tech there knew which resistor to check and he was right. They may
have one there they can have a look at.

Gareth.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Damir Friscic wrote in message
I need values for R5 and R7 in power supply.

Thanks!

Does this seem right ?
http://www.leifline.com/reptips/Musi...elektronik.htm
in Swedish

"Korg T3

Synth
Död, nätdelshaveri.

Q1 2SK1199 (STP4NB80)

Q2 2SC2655 (2SD1207) kolla också R5 82? och R7 15?."

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"N_Cook" wrote in message

Does this seem right ?
http://www.leifline.com/reptips/Musi...elektronik.htm
in Swedish

Yes, it does!

Many thanks.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"N_Cook" wrote in message

Does this seem right ?
http://www.leifline.com/reptips/Musi...elektronik.htm
in Swedish

Yes, it does!

Many thanks.

XLNT, I have added that to my Database.

Gareth.

frequency synthesizer basics Lost'n Found Electronics 1 September 4th 06 09:03 PM
Dead Korg T3 dutch Electronics Repair 0 October 16th 05 02:47 AM
Dead Korg T3 dutch Electronics Repair 4 October 8th 05 05:10 PM
Repairing a K2000R synthesizer: battery backed memory Robert Graham Jr. Electronics Repair 2 February 16th 05 12:57 AM