DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Korg T3 synthesizer (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/250728-korg-t3-synthesizer.html)

Damir Friscic May 20th 08 08:49 PM

Korg T3 synthesizer

I need values for R5 and R7 in power supply.

Thanks!

Gareth Magennis May 21st 08 11:07 AM

Korg T3 synthesizer

"Damir Friscic" wrote in message
I need values for R5 and R7 in power supply.

Thanks!

I suspect this is a Switch Mode Power Supply? Korg Technical support may be
able to help (+44 1908 857130 in the UK), but quite often these SMPS's are
just bought in from various sources, and so there are no schematics or parts
information available.

Good luck.

Gareth.

N_Cook May 21st 08 12:23 PM

Korg T3 synthesizer

Damir Friscic wrote in message
I need values for R5 and R7 in power supply.

Thanks!

Assuming they are burnt rather/charred than someone has removed them.
Some tips relating to gauging what their approximate value was etc on the 3
tips files off my URL below

But if SMPS should tread carefully using a variac plus isolation transformer

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Damir Friscic May 21st 08 02:44 PM

Korg T3 synthesizer

"Gareth Magennis" wrote in message

I suspect this is a Switch Mode Power Supply? Korg Technical support may
be able to help (+44 1908 857130 in the UK), but quite often these
SMPS's are just bought in from various sources, and so there are no
schematics or parts information available.

Good luck.

Gareth.

Yes, SMPS it is. I'm from Croatia, our local Korg dealer is of no help.
I thought if someone have service manual to read those values for me
( SMPS schematics is a part of SM in this case).

Thank you for your answer.

Damir Friscic May 21st 08 02:49 PM

Korg T3 synthesizer

"N_Cook" wrote in message

Assuming they are burnt rather/charred than someone has removed them.
Some tips relating to gauging what their approximate value was etc on the
3
tips files off my URL below

But if SMPS should tread carefully using a variac plus isolation
transformer

Yes, they are burnt.

Thanks for the link.

Gareth Magennis May 21st 08 02:57 PM

Korg T3 synthesizer

"Damir Friscic" wrote in message

"Gareth Magennis" wrote in message

I suspect this is a Switch Mode Power Supply? Korg Technical support may
be able to help (+44 1908 857130 in the UK), but quite often these
SMPS's are just bought in from various sources, and so there are no
schematics or parts information available.

Good luck.

Gareth.

Yes, SMPS it is. I'm from Croatia, our local Korg dealer is of no help.
I thought if someone have service manual to read those values for me
( SMPS schematics is a part of SM in this case).

Thank you for your answer.

If you get nothing here, phone Korg UK service department on the number I
gave you - I think that a while ago I had the same problem with a Korg SMPS
and the tech there knew which resistor to check and he was right. They may
have one there they can have a look at.

Gareth.

N_Cook May 21st 08 03:34 PM

Korg T3 synthesizer

Damir Friscic wrote in message
I need values for R5 and R7 in power supply.

Thanks!

Does this seem right ?
http://www.leifline.com/reptips/Musi...elektronik.htm
in Swedish

"Korg T3

Synth
Död, nätdelshaveri.

Q1 2SK1199 (STP4NB80)

Q2 2SC2655 (2SD1207) kolla också R5 82? och R7 15?."

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Damir Friscic May 21st 08 04:28 PM

Korg T3 synthesizer