dutch

Default Dead Korg T3

I'm wondering if anyone has had any experiance working on a KORG T3?

Mike W.

I assume this is a keyboard? Describe the problem in detail, someone may be
able to help you troubleshoot.

"dutch" wrote in message
I'm wondering if anyone has had any experiance working on a KORG T3?

dutch

Yes this is a keyboard, 1990 vintage. I am a tech but not used to working
on this kind of instrument. Have service manual but no support from KORG.
Box was opened up to repair a broken programming key. The key is now fixed
but the instrument does not complete its initializing sequence. Connections
have been checked, ROMs have been checked. Not sure exactly what to look
for or where to look for it. I have access to just about any type of test
equipment and I know how to use most of it pretty well. I have trouble with
some of the advanced analyzers.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

D.E.

"dutch" wrote in message
I'm wondering if anyone has had any experiance working on a KORG T3?

Marcos_Ce

Hi,

It shows the T3 Logo on the LCD and that's it? Maybe you have to take
it apart and repeat everything. The mainboad leaned in something
metallic while you were disassembling the unit? Your service manual is
printed or a pdf file?

Asimov

"dutch" bravely wrote to "All" (08 Oct 05 01:38:10)
--- on the heady topic of " Dead Korg T3"

du From: "dutch"
du Xref: core-easynews sci.electronics.repair:344426

du Yes this is a keyboard, 1990 vintage. I am a tech but not used to
du working on this kind of instrument. Have service manual but no
du support from KORG. Box was opened up to repair a broken programming
du key. The key is now fixed but the instrument does not complete its
du initializing sequence. Connections have been checked, ROMs have been
du checked. Not sure exactly what to look for or where to look for it.
du I have access to just about any type of test equipment and I know how
du to use most of it pretty well. I have trouble with some of the
du advanced analyzers.

du Any thoughts would be appreciated.

du Thanks,

du D.E.

With old equipment one would do well to clean the oxidation films off
all connectors *and* any socketed IC's, rom, memory, cpu, support,
switching jack sockets, etc.

Keyboards are pretty simple machines but it is easy to overlook
something. You might simply have a stuck key. Disconnect the keypads
and be sure to test for open circuit. Look for solder bridges using a
magnifier as the smallest trail of lead is still a dead short at 1ma.

Aside from the oxidation film problem, there is always the old
standbys to check, like dry low value electrolytic capacitors in
critical circuit areas, etc. Zapped memory IC's is another problem.

Well, you get the idea, good luck!

Good hunting!

A*s*i*m*o*v

.... That was a fascinating period of time for electronics