Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default PC MOTHERBOARDS

hi

i am interesting where i can find some sort of "most common" electronic
circuit diagram of typical PC motherboard, no matter if it is S478 or S462
type...

i am interesting in troubleshooting motherboards by electronic way...like;
checking usual malfunctioning resistors, transistors(fets) or regulators
and DC2DC convertors and regulators...

about measuring and replacing capacitors i already know (been there-done
that)...i want to get a bit deeper into repairing motherboards...

also could be some help if you point me to some sort of block diagram wich
shows usual and most common way of power supply circuits on mobo's and other
circuits wich are usualy goes down, get burned, malfunctioning...etc...

i got mostly all necessary equipment for measuring (multimeters digital and
analog, ESR meter, LFC meter, R/C meter..etc..), also tools like Weller iron
solder Magnastat inc. hot air soldering station...except scope wich is very
old (1969.) and got only 8MHz (Hameg HM207)..so its not so usefull, but it
works fine for svereal basic tests...

just for info; i am hobbist in electronics (beside HAM radio operating)

thanks a lot in advance for any kind of help and tips&tricks...

Gagi , 9A6AAG fm Croatia

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"GAGI-9A6AAG" wrote in message
[...]

One of the places I worked, we had schematics for the standard PC
motherboard we were modifying for our prototypes, but it was a proprietary
document protected under a NDA. Your best bet is to look up datasheets for
the parts in question, they usually contain example circuits which will be
very close to what you find.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"James Sweet" wrote in message

One of the places I worked, we had schematics for the standard PC
motherboard we were modifying for our prototypes, but it was a proprietary
document protected under a NDA. Your best bet is to look up datasheets for
the parts in question, they usually contain example circuits which will be
very close to what you find.

well, thanks for info, i just apply that tip into practice and seems it
works....several datasheets i have download contains some "around" circuits
diagrams necesarry for working of IC element i am interesting in....so after
cheking impulses and Voltages i can presume what can be in malfunction
around that IC....etc...

well..its better then nothing )

thanks...

PS: if you get any (even by accident) document like that one you got
before...please, remember me )

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

GAGI-9A6AAG wrote:

i am interesting where i can find some sort of "most common" electronic
circuit diagram of typical PC motherboard, no matter if it is S478 or S462
type...

I got this stuff when expressing an interest in PC chipsets but you may find
that difficult as merely a hobbyist.

Graham

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Eeyore" wrote in message
I got this stuff when expressing an interest in PC chipsets but you may
find
that difficult as merely a hobbyist.

Graham

well, try me

however, i can handle with electronic schemes very well, my main problem is
that i got no any stuff to read from...

anyway, i am looking for common materials, not specific one...so i could
read it and get some logical conclusions of principle how does it works in
general....so i could apply that in diagnosis by principles...thats all...

my email you can see is correct one so we can continue discussion privately,
i mean, exchanging usefull "materials"...or at least some "URL's" where i
can find materials i need by myself

thanks a lot in advance...

Gagi

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JW JW is offline

On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 10:33:21 +0200 "GAGI-9A6AAG" wrote
in Message id: :

hi

i am interesting where i can find some sort of "most common" electronic
circuit diagram of typical PC motherboard, no matter if it is S478 or S462
type...

How about a reference design/schematic?
http://developer.intel.com/design/ch...ics/252813.htm
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"JW" wrote in message

How about a reference design/schematic?
http://developer.intel.com/design/ch...ics/252813.htm

great job....thats what i was looking for.... ))
damn...it was right in fornt of my nose all the time and i didnt saw it...as
we use to say; "being blind beside your own healty eyes" )

thanks once again...

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

JW wrote:

"GAGI-9A6AAG" wrote

i am interesting where i can find some sort of "most common" electronic
circuit diagram of typical PC motherboard, no matter if it is S478 or S462
type...

How about a reference design/schematic?
http://developer.intel.com/design/ch...ics/252813.htm

That's the kind of thing I had in mind. You may also find reference pcb layouts
too.

Graham

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Eeyore" wrote in message

That's the kind of thing I had in mind. You may also find reference pcb
layouts
too.

where?!
i didnt saw it on Intel design site..