JW

Default Electrolytic Capacitor Leak on some 875 & 865 based motherboards

Just a heads up on Electrolytic Capacitor Leakage on some 875 & 865 based
products.

http://www.intel.com/cd/channel/rese...tes/193414.htm

Products Affected:

Intel® Desktop Boards
D865GBF, D875BZL, D865GLC, D845EPI, D865PERC, D865GRH, D865PERL, D845GVSR,
D865PESO, D845GLVA, D865GWV, and Intel® Entry Server Board S875WP1-E.
Dave Moore

I ordered an Aopen MB from MCM awhile back
and even though the packaging had never been opened
before, all of the caps on the motherboard were
swollen.

I was unab'e to find any evidence of prior use and
concluded that the caps went bad from the board simply
sitting on the shelf in a warehouse somewhere.

MCM offered to send me a replacement, but
I figured they'd just send me another board with the same
problem so instead I just kept the board and replaced
all of the caps with hopefully superiorPanasonic
caps from Digkey

Fortunately the board worked and in fact, I just
typed this post on it :-)

:
: http://www.intel.com/cd/channel/rese...tes/193414.htm
:
: Products Affected:
:
: Intel® Desktop Boards
: D865GBF, D875BZL, D865GLC, D845EPI, D865PERC, D865GRH, D865PERL, D845GVSR,
: D865PESO, D845GLVA, D865GWV, and Intel® Entry Server Board S875WP1-E.

JW

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 00:46:13 -0500 "Dave Moore"
wrote in Message id:
:

I ordered an Aopen MB from MCM awhile back
and even though the packaging had never been opened
before, all of the caps on the motherboard were
swollen.

I was unab'e to find any evidence of prior use and
concluded that the caps went bad from the board simply
sitting on the shelf in a warehouse somewhere.

MCM offered to send me a replacement, but
I figured they'd just send me another board with the same
problem so instead I just kept the board and replaced
all of the caps with hopefully superiorPanasonic
caps from Digkey

Fortunately the board worked and in fact, I just
typed this post on it :-)

That's the first time I've heard of caps swelling on an *unused* board. I
happen to have an Aopen s661FXm (gulp) What was the model number of your
board? Also, what was the brand name of the bad caps?

Thanks!

Mobile base for a drill press David Lankford Woodworking 13 February 20th 05 05:20 PM
Quickie review of General International "Universal Mobile Base" (50-025) Clint Woodworking 0 January 29th 05 06:37 PM
Novice seeks any tips for installing rubber wall base Dolchas Home Repair 2 July 4th 04 03:22 PM
Shower base repair Kevin Webb UK diy 0 January 19th 04 03:09 AM
Porter Cable 690 router mounted to TS extension, do I use plunge base or standard Montyhp Woodworking 3 July 24th 03 02:58 PM