Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Looking for online source for freeze spray

I have what appears to be a thermo intermittent problem in my old TV. I'd
like to buy an aerosol can of freeze spray online to help track down the
problem. I'm looking for recommendations on a brand and a vendor. No body
carries this item locally. Thanks.

--
Bob D.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Bob Donahue" wrote in message
. ..
I have what appears to be a thermo intermittent problem in my old TV. I'd
like to buy an aerosol can of freeze spray online to help track down the
problem. I'm looking for recommendations on a brand and a vendor. No body
carries this item locally. Thanks.

--
Bob D.

Which country do you live in?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Bob Donahue wrote in message
. ..
I have what appears to be a thermo intermittent problem in my old TV. I'd
like to buy an aerosol can of freeze spray online to help track down the
problem. I'm looking for recommendations on a brand and a vendor. No body
carries this item locally. Thanks.

--
Bob D.

Plumbing suppliers also stock it, for freezing-up pipes, that you cannot
fully turn off the water supply. The nozzle delivery may need to be adapted
down a bit for electronic repair use.

I used crushed ice and salt for this purpose, last time, but time to reach
freeze-up was not relevant in my case.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
"Bob Donahue" wrote:

I have what appears to be a thermo intermittent problem in my old TV. I'd
like to buy an aerosol can of freeze spray online to help track down the
problem. I'm looking for recommendations on a brand and a vendor. No body
carries this item locally. Thanks.

Did you try Radio Shack? "You've got questions, we've got C-students in
ties." They won't know what the hell you're talking about, but look
around yourself and you'll likely find it.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Smitty Two wrote in
news
In article ,
"Bob Donahue" wrote:

I have what appears to be a thermo intermittent problem in my old TV.
I'd like to buy an aerosol can of freeze spray online to help track
down the problem. I'm looking for recommendations on a brand and a
vendor. No body carries this item locally. Thanks.

Did you try Radio Shack? "You've got questions, we've got C-students
in ties." They won't know what the hell you're talking about, but look
around yourself and you'll likely find it.

it will be in the area near the electronic parts,small tools.
IF you have a Radio Shack where you live....

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Bob Donahue" wrote in message
. ..
I have what appears to be a thermo intermittent problem in my old TV. I'd
like to buy an aerosol can of freeze spray online to help track down the
problem. I'm looking for recommendations on a brand and a vendor. No body
carries this item locally. Thanks.

--
Bob D.

I've bought it from MCM.

You can also use a can of air duster held upside down, office supply stores,
Costco, and probably many other places carry that. It's the same stuff but
without a straw inside to draw liquid.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dan Dan is offline

You can also use a can of air duster held upside down, office supply
stores, Costco, and probably many other places carry that. It's the same
stuff but without a straw inside to draw liquid.

I 2nd that, works great!

Dan

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Bob Donahue wrote:
I have what appears to be a thermo intermittent problem in my old TV. I'd
like to buy an aerosol can of freeze spray online to help track down the
problem. I'm looking for recommendations on a brand and a vendor. No body
carries this item locally. Thanks.

In a pinch you can use a "canned air" duster for this. Just invert the
can (do not shake) and spray. With some brands you may have to super
glue the spray tube in the head to keep it from popping out.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article , "Dan" wrote:
You can also use a can of air duster held upside down, office supply
stores, Costco, and probably many other places carry that. It's the same
stuff but without a straw inside to draw liquid.

I 2nd that, works great!

Dan

I bought several cans when my local RS went out of business, real cheap.
I also buy from MCM.

greg
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article , Jim Yanik wrote:
(GregS) wrote in
:

In article , "Dan"
wrote:
You can also use a can of air duster held upside down, office supply
stores, Costco, and probably many other places carry that. It's the
same stuff but without a straw inside to draw liquid.

I 2nd that, works great!

Dan

I bought several cans when my local RS went out of business, real
cheap. I also buy from MCM.

greg

I have THREE Radio Shacks within a 7 mile radius.
One is close enough to bicycle to in less than 5 minutes,against a
headwind. ;-)

When I lived in Ca. I had to do about 120 mi to get to 3 stores.

greg