Ernie Leimkuhler

Default HELP!!!! Plastikote spray paint source

Guys I am so screwed.
One of my favorite spray paints for interior pieces is Plastikote
Industrial Flate Black (#2355N).
It is a perfect satin black finish for architectural metals.

Unfortunately my source for it at McLendon's Hardware no longer carries
it.
They have switched to Rustoleum and Krylon.

I can't find a single store in the greater Seattle area that has any in
stock.
The only stores that even carry Plastikote are Carquest and Pep-boys.

I don't know why, but all the hardware stores have stopped carrying
plastikote.

I can mail order the stuff but that will take too damn long.
I need a case of this stuff pronto.
Grant Erwin

Ernie Leimkuhler wrote:

Guys I am so screwed.
One of my favorite spray paints for interior pieces is Plastikote
Industrial Flate Black (#2355N).
It is a perfect satin black finish for architectural metals.

Unfortunately my source for it at McLendon's Hardware no longer carries
it.
They have switched to Rustoleum and Krylon.

I can't find a single store in the greater Seattle area that has any in
stock.
The only stores that even carry Plastikote are Carquest and Pep-boys.

I don't know why, but all the hardware stores have stopped carrying
plastikote.

I can mail order the stuff but that will take too damn long.
I need a case of this stuff pronto.

Order it and pay for overnight shipping? - GWE
Lane

"Ernie Leimkuhler" wrote in message
Guys I am so screwed.
One of my favorite spray paints for interior pieces is Plastikote
Industrial Flate Black (#2355N).
It is a perfect satin black finish for architectural metals.

Unfortunately my source for it at McLendon's Hardware no longer carries
it.
They have switched to Rustoleum and Krylon.

I can't find a single store in the greater Seattle area that has any in
stock.
The only stores that even carry Plastikote are Carquest and Pep-boys.

I don't know why, but all the hardware stores have stopped carrying
plastikote.

I can mail order the stuff but that will take too damn long.
I need a case of this stuff pronto.

Call Plasti-Kote at 800-251-4511 and tell them your dilemma and see if they
can suggest another source in the area or ship you a case via overnight.
Another source is not just a store, buy anyone in the area who uses it.
There might be another manufacturer that you can get a few cans out of for
now.

In the mean time, I'd contact McLendon's Hardware management
) and tell them your dilemma and see if they
can special order if for you when you are getting low. Keep your own stock
and order a case now and then.

Lane

JR North

Krylon flats are excellent IMHO. Why don't you like them?
JR
Dweller in the cellar

Ernie Leimkuhler wrote:
Guys I am so screwed.
One of my favorite spray paints for interior pieces is Plastikote
Industrial Flate Black (#2355N).
It is a perfect satin black finish for architectural metals.

Unfortunately my source for it at McLendon's Hardware no longer carries
it.
They have switched to Rustoleum and Krylon.

I can't find a single store in the greater Seattle area that has any in
stock.
The only stores that even carry Plastikote are Carquest and Pep-boys.

I don't know why, but all the hardware stores have stopped carrying
plastikote.

I can mail order the stuff but that will take too damn long.
I need a case of this stuff pronto.

Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"
Ernie Leimkuhler

In article , Grant Erwin
wrote:

Ernie Leimkuhler wrote:

Guys I am so screwed.
One of my favorite spray paints for interior pieces is Plastikote
Industrial Flate Black (#2355N).
It is a perfect satin black finish for architectural metals.

Unfortunately my source for it at McLendon's Hardware no longer carries
it.
They have switched to Rustoleum and Krylon.

I can't find a single store in the greater Seattle area that has any in
stock.
The only stores that even carry Plastikote are Carquest and Pep-boys.

I don't know why, but all the hardware stores have stopped carrying
plastikote.

I can mail order the stuff but that will take too damn long.
I need a case of this stuff pronto.

Order it and pay for overnight shipping? - GWE

Already done that but the fastest they canb process it the stuff will
be here by the 12th.

So the worst case scenario is that I have to go back in a few weeks and
finish the paint.

Ernie Leimkuhler

In article , Lane wrote:

[...]

I had a chat with their West Coast sales rep.
They set me up with a company called Uni-select who can order it, but
they also have none in stock so it will be the same delay.

Ernie Leimkuhler

In article , JR North
wrote:

Krylon flats are excellent IMHO. Why don't you like them?
JR
Dweller in the cellar

This stuff is very special.
It goes on thick and even with excellent leveling, and no overspray.
No sags or drips, excellent coverage and blends perfectly if you have
to do a repair.
It dries to a pefect black satin finish that makes interior decorators
weak in the knees.

Ernie Leimkuhler wrote:
Guys I am so screwed.
One of my favorite spray paints for interior pieces is Plastikote
Industrial Flate Black (#2355N).
It is a perfect satin black finish for architectural metals.

Unfortunately my source for it at McLendon's Hardware no longer carries
it.
They have switched to Rustoleum and Krylon.

I can't find a single store in the greater Seattle area that has any in
stock.
The only stores that even carry Plastikote are Carquest and Pep-boys.

I don't know why, but all the hardware stores have stopped carrying
plastikote.

I can mail order the stuff but that will take too damn long.
I need a case of this stuff pronto.

Lane

wrote:

Krylon flats are excellent IMHO. Why don't you like them?
JR
Dweller in the cellar

This stuff is very special.
It goes on thick and even with excellent leveling, and no overspray.
No sags or drips, excellent coverage and blends perfectly if you have
to do a repair.
It dries to a pefect black satin finish that makes interior decorators
weak in the knees.

Hum, I'll have to try some of this stuff. And all this time I thought you
were a Hammerite guy.
Lane

RoyJ

snip

It dries to a pefect black satin finish that makes interior decorators
weak in the knees.

I'm not sure I'd broadcast this!
James E. Baldock (Jim)

Earnie,
I have the same problem.... Try

http://www.plastikote.com/plastikote/auto/index.jsp

pick an area(Automotive), pick a product (Engine Enamel),pick where to
purchase, enter zip. The answer in Cincinnati is Walmart.

Jim

Ernie Leimkuhler wrote:

Guys I am so screwed.
One of my favorite spray paints for interior pieces is Plastikote
Industrial Flate Black (#2355N).
It is a perfect satin black finish for architectural metals.

Unfortunately my source for it at McLendon's Hardware no longer carries
it.
They have switched to Rustoleum and Krylon.

I can't find a single store in the greater Seattle area that has any in
stock.
The only stores that even carry Plastikote are Carquest and Pep-boys.

I don't know why, but all the hardware stores have stopped carrying
plastikote.

I can mail order the stuff but that will take too damn long.
I need a case of this stuff pronto.

Rex B

This stuff is very special.
It goes on thick and even with excellent leveling, and no overspray.
No sags or drips, excellent coverage and blends perfectly if you have
to do a repair.
It dries to a pefect black satin finish that makes interior decorators
weak in the knees.

You hang around with interior decorators???
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

"Rex B" wrote in message
This stuff is very special.
It goes on thick and even with excellent leveling, and no overspray.
No sags or drips, excellent coverage and blends perfectly if you have
to do a repair.
It dries to a pefect black satin finish that makes interior decorators
weak in the knees.

You hang around with interior decorators???

It shouldn't be hard to make them weak in the knees. They're already weak
in the wrists. G
LLoyd

ATP*

"Rex B" wrote in message
This stuff is very special.
It goes on thick and even with excellent leveling, and no overspray.
No sags or drips, excellent coverage and blends perfectly if you have
to do a repair.
It dries to a pefect black satin finish that makes interior decorators
weak in the knees.

You hang around with interior decorators???

Most are women, in my limited experience. Interior decorators can steer
plenty of high end business your way if they like your work and are
comfortable recommending you to clients.