Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sony KV-2184P - cable connector for US use; user manual

Hello --

A friend gave me this set, which was originally marketed outside the
USA.

Can anyone tell me where to learn the name/part number for an adapter
to mate my USA cable to the VHF/UHF connector on the back of this set?
The connector consists of a 10 mm outer ring, inside of which is a a
plug that resembles the logo of Nissan automobiles.

The power plug consists of 2 round 4 mm prongs, approx 19 mm on
center.

Also, does anyone know where a user manual is available for download?

The set was manufactured in March 1990.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Larry Mehl

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Apr 6, 3:37 pm, "
wrote:
Hello --

A friend gave me this set, which was originally marketed outside the
USA.

Can anyone tell me where to learn the name/part number for an adapter
to mate my USA cable to the VHF/UHF connector on the back of this set?
The connector consists of a 10 mm outer ring, inside of which is a a
plug that resembles the logo of Nissan automobiles.

The power plug consists of 2 round 4 mm prongs, approx 19 mm on
center.

Also, does anyone know where a user manual is available for download?

The set was manufactured in March 1990.

Thanks in advance for any help.

LarryMehl

I found the connector at Radio Shack ... "F to PAL" ... $5.

I still need the User Manual, and will appreciate any information as
to where I can download one.

L Mehl
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Art Art is offline

Set will probably need to be retrofited to run on nominal power supplied in
the area in which it has been relocated. Probable the 220 VAC power
circuitry, designated for it's original market, will not function, nor will
the tuner or video processing circuitry which may originally be PAL or
SECAM! Also it may be designed for 50 HZ operations rather than 60Hz, FWIW!
" wrote in message
On Apr 6, 3:37 pm, "
wrote:
[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Apr 13, 12:23 pm, "Art" wrote:
Set will probably need to be retrofited to run on nominal power supplied in
the area in which it has been relocated. Probable the 220 VAC power
circuitry, designated for it's original market, will not function, nor will
the tuner or video processing circuitry which may originally be PAL or
SECAM! Also it may be designed for 50 HZ operations rather than 60Hz, " wrote in message

On Apr 6, 3:37 pm, "
wrote:
[...]

Thanks.

Power senses US voltage, and displays OK.

I need a manual so I can figure out how to configure it for Dish
Network input.
The set currently shows fuzzy images of each local channel, with the F-
to_PAL connector between Dish wire and the set..

Do you have any idea where I can get the manual?
I will call Sony tomorrow.

Larry