Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Microwave Ovens

NEVER run a microwave with out the cover and after the cover has been
replace it needs to be tested for microwave leaks.

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 18:15:27 -0400, Madloot303
wrote:

After repairing a microwave oven should I plug it in and test it to make sure
everythings in working order before I reassemble it?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Astriapo writes:

NEVER run a microwave with out the cover and after the cover has been
replace it needs to be tested for microwave leaks.

However, keep in mind that the outer cover is the second line of defense.

Unless the magnetron has been removed and improperly replaced, there
should be insignificant microwave leakage even with the sheet metal
cover removed.

wrote:

After repairing a microwave oven should I plug it in and test it to make sure
everythings in working order before I reassemble it?

Of pyramids and microwave ovens Dave Baker UK diy 6 August 20th 06 08:23 PM
Microwave ovens and cellphones ¦¦¦SHAD0W¦¦¦ Electronics 1 July 16th 06 01:12 PM
Testing Microwave Ovens for MW Leakage Bookworm UK diy 20 April 11th 06 11:14 AM
Microwave ovens KTECH Home Repair 4 January 20th 06 01:50 PM
Any microwave ovens available with pop sensors? Doug Warner Home Repair 32 January 4th 06 05:56 PM