Posted to sci.electronics,sci.electronics.repair

Default Does anyone know of a small/mobile/battery-powered adjustable DC powersupply?

Does anyone know of a small/mobile/battery-powered adjustable DC power supply?

Something like a rechargeable one that can be adjusted at least from 5VDC to 12VDC (preferably from 0V to 30VDC), that is regulated and that is suitable to bring out on small service jobs to power equipment that does not need a lot of power. I'd like the "system" in one unit, so that I don't need to keep track of and connect a lot of parts and wires out in the field. The unit does not need to be able to deliver a lot of power. A couple of Ah's would suffice. An integrated voltmeter would be great, but is not a requirement.

Best regards
Tonny Iversen )

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Power supply requests without a CURRENT spec are complete garbage

(was: Does anyone know of a small/mobile/battery-powered adjustable DC
power supply?)

Tonny Iversen wrote:
[...]Something like a rechargeable one
that can be adjusted at least from 5VDC to 12VDC
(preferably from 0V to 30VDC), that is regulated and[yada,yada]

See new Subject line.

If you are going to use a piece of crap
like Outbreaks in Excess to post to Usenet,
set a linebreak at ~72 characters.

sci.electronics has been an obsolete group since 1996.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Tonny Iversen wrote:
Does anyone know of a small/mobile/battery-powered adjustable DC power supply?

Something like a rechargeable one that can be adjusted at least from 5VDC to 12VDC (preferably from 0V to 30VDC), that is regulated and that is suitable to bring out on small service jobs to power equipment that does not need a lot of power. I'd like the "system" in one unit, so that I don't need to keep track of and connect a lot of parts and wires out in the field. The unit does not need to be able to deliver a lot of power. A couple of Ah's would suffice. An integrated voltmeter would be great, but is not a requirement.

Best regards
Tonny Iversen )

I don't know of any combined unit, but there are any number of portable
battery-inverter units available to produce alternating current. One
could plug a variable power supply into one of those.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Tonny Iversen wrote:
[...]Something like a rechargeable one
that can be adjusted at least from 5VDC to 12VDC
(preferably from 0V to 30VDC), that is regulated and[yada,yada]

See new Subject line.

If you are going to use a piece of crap
like Outbreaks in Excess to post to Usenet,
set a linebreak at ~72 characters.

sci.electronics has been an obsolete group since 1996.

Don't hold back...say what you mean...even if it's off topic and abusive.
Yeah, free speech!!!

--
Return address is VALID!
Posted to sci.electronics,sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
Tonny Iversen wrote:
Does anyone know of a small/mobile/battery-powered adjustable DC power
supply?

Something like a rechargeable one that can be adjusted at least from
5VDC to 12VDC (preferably from 0V to 30VDC), that is regulated and that
is suitable to bring out on small service jobs to power equipment that
does not need a lot of power. I'd like the "system" in one unit, so that
I don't need to keep track of and connect a lot of parts and wires out
in the field. The unit does not need to be able to deliver a lot of
power. A couple of Ah's would suffice. An integrated voltmeter would be
great, but is not a requirement.

I dunno how small you want one - but those car jump start packs are very
good value. The battery is roughly 20 amp/hour. They have a small
voltmeter. You'd need to add a 5v regulator of whatever power you need.
I paid about 20 gbp for one a few years ago and I use it in the workshop
for powering things larger than my bench power supply can handle - as well
as for portable use. The only slight snag for your use is the charger is a
wall wart - but if you removed the tyre compressor it could be fitted
internally.

--
*A fool and his money can throw one hell of a party.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

mike wrote:
Don't hold back...say what you mean...even if it's off topic and abusive.
Yeah, free speech!!!

....then there are the politically-correct types
who can't tell **stating facts** from "abuse".
Apologists unite! You have nothing to lose but your standards.

It's no wonder the world is going to hell.