Posted to sci.energy.hydrogen,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.toyota

Default Repair or despair? Natalie or Jim?

The Mi5 poster has every right to post, but to bring you uptodate,
here is a brief resume of this usenet legend:
His name is Mike Corley. He is part of usenet history.
He also was a champion tap-dancer in 1962/63 and 1966.

Mike lives in Clapham, South London, he first began his postings
to usenet, BBS, and online forums back in 1996, which is long before
most of you, especially google gropers, learned of he internet let
alone knew how to use it.
But Mikes paranoia of alleged MI5 persecution can be traced back
as far 1990, when newspaper editors, TV newsdesks, magazine
reviewers, radio shows et al, first received Mike's reports of his
harassment by UK security services and MI5 operatives.

Mike has his own website:
http://www.five.org.uk/

There have been numerous newspaper articles and online thesis
about Mike's postings, this is a BBC article on the subject:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/A164404

And amongst many other covers of the Mike Corley phenomenon
there has been a modern opera about this usenet legend:
http://www.thecorleyconspiracy.com/

What the current flood is all about is hinted at in the X-posts.
He percieves uk.misc to be an MI5 infiltrated group.
And Mike is flooding it. But also it is included in the X-posts because
he knows many always respond to his posts, and you in turn flood
the group uk.misc.

Posted to sci.energy.hydrogen,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.toyota

sounds like a case of paranoia. About the same as we have with big brother
personally monitoring ALL of your phone calls. Just make sure you don't
mention that your dessert for Christmas dinner bombed or you will make all
the rest in prison! I was trying to do the math on how many people it would
take to monitor all the phone calls - I gave up.

Ron in Ca

"Clarissa" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to sci.energy.hydrogen,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.toyota

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" wrote:

In article ,
Meat Plow wrote:

Mike lives in Clapham, South London, he first began his postings
to usenet, BBS, and online forums back in 1996, which is long before
most of you, especially google gropers, learned of he internet let
alone knew how to use it.

****, I had broadband in 1996.

Exactly.

I had a Rat Shack M100 back in, what--1983. Complete with dialup.

I had a LAPTOP in 1983. Epson HX-20.
http://oldcomputers.net/hx-20.html

So there !

Graham

Posted to sci.energy.hydrogen,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.toyota

Eeyore wrote:

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" wrote:

In article ,
Meat Plow wrote:

Mike lives in Clapham, South London, he first began his postings
to usenet, BBS, and online forums back in 1996, which is long before
most of you, especially google gropers, learned of he internet let
alone knew how to use it.
****, I had broadband in 1996.

Exactly.

I had a Rat Shack M100 back in, what--1983. Complete with dialup.

I had a LAPTOP in 1983. Epson HX-20.
http://oldcomputers.net/hx-20.html

So there !

Graham

And just what did you think an M100 was/is? I didn't get mine until
1984, but I used it until well into the 90's.

So...where?

jak
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
msg msg is offline

Eeyore wrote:

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" wrote:

In article ,
Meat Plow wrote:

Mike lives in Clapham, South London, he first began his postings
to usenet, BBS, and online forums back in 1996, which is long before
most of you, especially google gropers, learned of he internet let
alone knew how to use it.

****, I had broadband in 1996.

Exactly.

I had a Rat Shack M100 back in, what--1983. Complete with dialup.

I had a LAPTOP in 1983. Epson HX-20.
http://oldcomputers.net/hx-20.html

Follow-ups changed to sci.electronics.repair only

I _made_ a laptop in 1983-84: ZX-81 cpu board + internal expansion bus +
microcassette drive (on the bus) + bar code wand (on the bus) + thermal
printer (on the bus) + 64kB ram + micro CRT display on gooseneck at rear
of case, all built into a converted TI-994/A housing with it's keyboard.
The cassette was embedded into the case at the left rear. To view the
display, you pressed your eye into the 'viewfinder' rubber hood and had
a 320x200 graphics or 80x24 char alpha display (b&w). O/S and apps were
loaded from the cassette, ROM contained a debug monitor. One could also
use the audio interface to load and store from magtape recorders and the
bus was brought external to permit expansion for RS232, etc. I needed
to add lots of bus logic and power control circuitry; the battery was a
drop-in nicad pack at the right rear of the case (similar in concept to
modern powertool packs). With the CRT off, I could get 12 hours of
continuous runtime. I also gave the cassette and bar code wand poweroff
controls which extended runtime.

Regards,

Michael

Posted to sci.energy.hydrogen,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.toyota

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 12:33:03 +0000, Clarissa wrote:

The Mi5 poster has every right to post, but to bring you uptodate, here is
a brief resume of this usenet legend: His name is Mike Corley. He is part
of usenet history. He also was a champion tap-dancer in 1962/63 and 1966.

Who gives a flying ****? Let him post in the appropriate forums. We don't
care about it in the Toyota group, and I'm sure plenty others don't,
either.

If he has such heartburn with his government monitoring Internet
communications, the answer is simple: GET THE HELL OFF THE INTERNET!!!

As far as I see, all he is is an attention hungry Spammer who ought to
just STFU and leave people who don't want to hear his crying alone.
Posted to sci.energy.hydrogen,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.toyota

"Hachiroku ????" wrote in message
On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 12:33:03 +0000, Clarissa wrote:

The Mi5 poster has every right to post, but to bring you uptodate, here
is
a brief resume of this usenet legend: His name is Mike Corley. He is part
of usenet history. He also was a champion tap-dancer in 1962/63 and 1966.

Who gives a flying ****? Let him post in the appropriate forums. We don't
care about it in the Toyota group, and I'm sure plenty others don't,
either.

What the hell would be an appropriate forum for a nut case like him? :-)

Posted to sci.energy.hydrogen,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.toyota

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 12:57:43 -0500, Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

In article ,
Meat Plow wrote:

Mike lives in Clapham, South London, he first began his postings to
usenet, BBS, and online forums back in 1996, which is long before most
of you, especially google gropers, learned of he internet let alone
knew how to use it.

****, I had broadband in 1996.

Exactly.

I had a Rat Shack M100 back in, what--1983. Complete with dialup.

Oh yeah? Well, I had a VAX in 1979 with a 300 baud modem.

That *WAS* broadband in 1979...

Posted to sci.energy.hydrogen,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.toyota

"Clarissa" wrote in message
The Mi5 poster has every right to post,

Technically, he has no right to cross-post. If there was a group that
catered to the **** he has to say, THEN he would have a right to post to
that particular group.

Posting **** all over usenet that James Bond is chasing him across the
globe, and watching him take a shower, is not a right that anybody has. Well
except I have a right to post my objection all over usenet to his **** that
he posts all over usenet.

Posted to sci.energy.hydrogen, sci.electronics.repair, alt.autos.toyota

On Dec 27, 7:33*am, "Clarissa"
wrote:
The Mi5 poster has every right to post, but to bring you uptodate,
here is a brief resume of this usenet legend:

AHA!

So, hee is a legendary pain in the ass? We should feel honored that he
pollutes here?

What he needs is stronger meds, better keepers and better care, not an
apologist.

1996 - long time ago? This makes you what? 19?

Seems both of you need a life. Please find one other than here, RAT,
RAR+P, VW and any of the other venues that idiot uses as his outhouse
but that have no use for him.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Posted to sci.energy.hydrogen,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.toyota

Meat Plow wrote:

Mike lives in Clapham, South London, he first began his postings to
usenet, BBS, and online forums back in 1996, which is long before most
of you, especially google gropers, learned of he internet let alone
knew how to use it.

****, I had broadband in 1996.

Exactly.

I had a Rat Shack M100 back in, what--1983. Complete with dialup.

Oh yeah? Well, I had a VAX in 1979 with a 300 baud modem.

That *WAS* broadband in 1979...

PDP11/34A with VT52(?) display terminal round about same time, with 'high
speed' phone modem with two rubber sockets that the phone hanset jammed into
!

Arfa

Posted to sci.energy.hydrogen,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.toyota

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

"Hachiroku ????" wrote in message
On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 12:33:03 +0000, Clarissa wrote:

The Mi5 poster has every right to post, but to bring you uptodate, here
is
a brief resume of this usenet legend: His name is Mike Corley. He is part
of usenet history. He also was a champion tap-dancer in 1962/63 and 1966.

Who gives a flying ****? Let him post in the appropriate forums. We don't
care about it in the Toyota group, and I'm sure plenty others don't,
either.

What the hell would be an appropriate forum for a nut case like him? :-)

news:alt.usenet.kooks of course!

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to sci.energy.hydrogen,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.toyota

ron wrote:
sounds like a case of paranoia. About the same as we have with big
brother personally monitoring ALL of your phone calls. Just make sure
you don't mention that your dessert for Christmas dinner bombed or you
will make all the rest in prison! I was trying to do the math on how
many people it would take to monitor all the phone calls - I gave up.

You don't have a clue, do you? All it takes is the threat of
surveillance to have the desired effect. At that, the CIA has incredible
software riding on the pipes of our communication system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjALf12PAWc

Here is something you may try to shoot the messenger over. But you
really should bother to read the bill....

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul428.html

And if that isn't enough, read the patriot act and the signing
statements of this administration.

Head, sand.......
Posted to sci.energy.hydrogen,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.toyota

"Dan Bloomquist" wrote in message
ron wrote:
sounds like a case of paranoia. About the same as we have with big
brother personally monitoring ALL of your phone calls. Just make sure
you don't mention that your dessert for Christmas dinner bombed or you
will make all the rest in prison! I was trying to do the math on how
many people it would take to monitor all the phone calls - I gave up.

You don't have a clue, do you?

If it ain't on network news right after the football game, most of America
hasn't a clue about things like the FBI's Carnivore program and similar
projects.

A search at Faux News for "carnivore" turned up mostly animal articles. Same
with MSNBC. CNN's search results put the software ahead of animal stories.
PBS, the left-wing news source for people who don't drool, came up with the
best list of articles in carnivore and the privacy issues surrounding other
such surveillance techniques.

But, many of these stories require an attention span greater than 11
seconds.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Meat Plow wrote in
:

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 22:37:41 +0000, Jeff Strickland wrote:

"Clarissa" wrote in message
The Mi5 poster has every right to post,

Technically, he has no right to cross-post. If there was a group that
catered to the **** he has to say, THEN he would have a right to post
to that particular group.

Posting **** all over usenet that James Bond is chasing him across
the globe, and watching him take a shower, is not a right that
anybody has. Well except I have a right to post my objection all over
usenet to his **** that he posts all over usenet.

Posting to Usenet is a privilege not a right.

yes,UseNet -does- have some rules and conventions,acceptable practices.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Dan Bloomquist wrote in
:

ron wrote:
sounds like a case of paranoia. About the same as we have with big
brother personally monitoring ALL of your phone calls. Just make sure
you don't mention that your dessert for Christmas dinner bombed or you
will make all the rest in prison! I was trying to do the math on how
many people it would take to monitor all the phone calls - I gave up.

You don't have a clue, do you? All it takes is the threat of
surveillance to have the desired effect. At that, the CIA has incredible
software riding on the pipes of our communication system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjALf12PAWc

Here is something you may try to shoot the messenger over. But you
really should bother to read the bill....

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul428.html

And if that isn't enough, read the patriot act and the signing
statements of this administration.

Head, sand.......

and if you bothered to read,you'd know that they monitor communications to
and from suspect FOREIGNERS in foreign countries.It takes a lot of manpower
to check monitored comms,even using powerful computers and software.They
have better things to do than read your ****.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to sci.energy.hydrogen,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.toyota

Meat Plow wrote:

Mike lives in Clapham, South London, he first began his postings to
usenet, BBS, and online forums back in 1996, which is long before
most of you, especially google gropers, learned of he internet let
alone knew how to use it.

****, I had broadband in 1996.

Exactly.

I had a Rat Shack M100 back in, what--1983. Complete with dialup.

Oh yeah? Well, I had a VAX in 1979 with a 300 baud modem.

That *WAS* broadband in 1979...

PDP11/34A with VT52(?) display terminal round about same time, with 'high
speed' phone modem with two rubber sockets that the phone hanset jammed
into !

Arfa

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I STARTED with a PDP-11/03 with the same phone/cradle setup.

My favorite thing (I was at school, with two campuses 5 miles apart).

Go to the remote campus, log on and type "open KB## as input".

Then wait for someone on the other side to type in "hello" to log in. Then
the fun began!

Posted to sci.energy.hydrogen,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.toyota

Default Off-topic - was Repair or despair? Natalie or Jim?

"Hachiroku ????"
Arfa Daily wrote:
Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

*snipping assorted geekery*

Nerds.

;-D

Natalie

Posted to sci.energy.hydrogen,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.toyota

"Wickeddoll" wrote in message

"Hachiroku ????"
Arfa Daily wrote:
Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

*snipping assorted geekery*

Nerds.

;-D

Natalie

It's a REPAIR group for goodness sake ! We are nerds and geeks by nature,
not because we were playing big boys' computers before you were born ...

Arfa

Posted to sci.energy.hydrogen,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.toyota

"Arfa Daily" ...

"Wickeddoll" ..

"Hachiroku ????"
Arfa Daily wrote:
Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

*snipping assorted geekery*

Nerds.

;-D

Natalie

It's a REPAIR group for goodness sake ! We are nerds and geeks by nature,
not because we were playing big boys' computers before you were born ...

Arfa

Lighten up - I was joking. This is also cross-posted to a Toyota group. I
don't think personal computers existed before 1958, by the way.

Natalie

Posted to sci.energy.hydrogen,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.toyota

Arfa Daily wrote:
Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

*snipping assorted geekery*

Nerds.

;-D

Natalie

It's a REPAIR group for goodness sake ! We are nerds and geeks by nature,
not because we were playing big boys' computers before you were born ...

Arfa

Lighten up - I was joking. This is also cross-posted to a Toyota group.
I don't think personal computers existed before 1958, by the way.

Natalie

Yeah - jokin' too. No offence intended !

Arfa

Posted to sci.energy.hydrogen,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.toyota

"Arfa Daily"

"Wickeddoll" ..

"Hachiroku ????"
Arfa Daily wrote:
Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

*snipping assorted geekery*

Nerds.

;-D

Natalie

It's a REPAIR group for goodness sake ! We are nerds and geeks by
nature, not because we were playing big boys' computers before you were
born ...

Arfa

Lighten up - I was joking. This is also cross-posted to a Toyota group.
I don't think personal computers existed before 1958, by the way.

Natalie

Yeah - jokin' too. No offence intended !

Arfa

Mea culpa - your post sounded ****y to me.

:-)

Natalie

Posted to sci.energy.hydrogen,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.toyota

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" ,
"Wickeddoll" wrote:

Yeah - jokin' too. No offence intended !

Arfa

Mea culpa - your post sounded ****y to me.

"And then does the man pee on the woman?" "Sometimes, but that's $20
extra." -- Robert Schimmel

Er...that wouldn't be a body fluid I'd want shared.

Natalie

Posted to sci.energy.hydrogen,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.toyota

F.H. wrote:

With Thunderbird I find he's easy to to filter.

Thunderbird's not the best way of doing it. However I'm still looking on a
better way.

Every suggestions I've had so far is so convoluted to get anything done it's
useless, or does that bit easy, to the expense of every other feature being
either substandard or non-existant.

--
Linux Registered User # 302622
http://counter.li.org
Posted to sci.energy.hydrogen,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.toyota

"John Tserkezis"
F.H. wrote:

With Thunderbird I find he's easy to to filter.

Thunderbird's not the best way of doing it. However I'm still looking on
a better way.

Every suggestions I've had so far is so convoluted to get anything done
it's useless, or does that bit easy, to the expense of every other feature
being either substandard or non-existant.

But even if you filter that toad, he changes his info to get around the
filter.

I'd rather try to get this freak off Usenet, instead of having to go to
great lengths to avoid him. That's not fair to us, especially since what
he's doing is against all NG program policies I've ever read.

Natalie

Posted to sci.energy.hydrogen,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.toyota

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 12:33:03 +0000, Clarissa wrote:

Mike lives in Clapham, South London, he first began his postings to
usenet, BBS, and online forums back in 1996, which is long before most of
you, especially google gropers, learned of he internet let alone knew how
to use it.

I've been on Usenet since it was DARPAnet/UUNet...

So what?

Posted to sci.energy.hydrogen,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.toyota

ron wrote:
sounds like a case of paranoia. About the same as we have with big
brother personally monitoring ALL of your phone calls. Just make sure
you don't mention that your dessert for Christmas dinner bombed or you
will make all the rest in prison! I was trying to do the math on how
many people it would take to monitor all the phone calls - I gave up.

You don't have a clue, do you?

If it ain't on network news right after the football game, most of
America hasn't a clue....

Bingo.

So? Like dude said, who cares if James Bond is watching? Something to hide?

Posted to sci.energy.hydrogen,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.toyota

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 23:37:33 -0500, Wickeddoll wrote:

"Hachiroku ????"
Arfa Daily wrote:
Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

*snipping assorted geekery*

Nerds.

"Early Adopters"

Posted to sci.energy.hydrogen,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.toyota

Wickeddoll wrote:
"John Tserkezis"
F.H. wrote:

With Thunderbird I find he's easy to to filter.

Thunderbird's not the best way of doing it. However I'm still looking on
a better way.

Every suggestions I've had so far is so convoluted to get anything done
it's useless, or does that bit easy, to the expense of every other feature
being either substandard or non-existant.

But even if you filter that toad, he changes his info to get around the
filter.

Whats the one thing he can't change? Answer: the number five. Filter
in the subject *and* from line. According to my filter log I have
filtered (deleted) about 26 posts in the last two days (all by regulars
here apparently). I put the (5) filter in after his latest attack that
had so many variations.

Not good for the Ford group where F-150 comes up occasionally but
here..., (Toyota) I think it will do okay. As always, mileage varies.
Posted to sci.energy.hydrogen,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.toyota

"F.H." ...
Wickeddoll wrote:
"John Tserkezis"
F.H. wrote:

[...]

But the troll will just change the topic to something misleading. He will
probably write "five" rather than the numeral.

Natalie

Posted to sci.energy.hydrogen,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.toyota

Hachiroku ???? wrote:
On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 12:33:03 +0000, Clarissa wrote:

Mike lives in Clapham, South London, he first began his postings to
usenet, BBS, and online forums back in 1996, which is long before most of
you, especially google gropers, learned of he internet let alone knew how
to use it.

I've been on Usenet since it was DARPAnet/UUNet...

So what?

So you must be being watched by MI5 as well, no?

Come to think of it, I've had a feed since my UUCP feed circa 1990. Uh oh.

--
Dec. 6 (Bloomberg) -- Government officials and activists flying to Bali,
Indonesia, for the United Nations meeting on climate change will cause

Posted to sci.energy.hydrogen,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.toyota

Wickeddoll wrote:
"F.H." ...
Wickeddoll wrote:
"John Tserkezis"
F.H. wrote:

[...]

Does he have a way of knowing he is filtered? No matter what he comes
up with, I find a way to KF him.
Posted to sci.energy.hydrogen,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.toyota

"F.H."
Wickeddoll wrote:
"John Tserkezis"
F.H. wrote:

[...]

So can I, but why should we have to keep doing that?

Natalie

Posted to sci.energy.hydrogen,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.toyota

Wickeddoll wrote:
"F.H."
Wickeddoll wrote:
"John Tserkezis"
F.H. wrote:

[...]

There is no "why" to it. Usenet comes with some ugly. Kinda boils
down to having some degree of tolerance or..., making it a game. I have
little of the former so I go to the later. For all we know its a
computerized bot of some sort.
Posted to sci.energy.hydrogen,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.toyota

"F.H."
Wickeddoll wrote:
"John Tserkezis"
[...]

Nah - garden-variety trolls I can deal with, but when I see a TOS-able
offender, I give it a try. Can't hurt.

:-)

Natalie

Posted to sci.energy.hydrogen,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.toyota

Wickeddoll wrote:

I'd rather try to get this freak off Usenet, instead of having to go to
great lengths to avoid him. That's not fair to us, especially since what
he's doing is against all NG program policies I've ever read.

We need a bunch of angry villagers, all armed with pitchforks and
torches to storm his place, to burn his computer at the stake! ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida