Old December 27th 07, 12:33 PM posted to sci.energy.hydrogen,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.toyota

Default Repair or despair? Natalie or Jim?

The Mi5 poster has every right to post, but to bring you uptodate,
here is a brief resume of this usenet legend:
His name is Mike Corley. He is part of usenet history.
He also was a champion tap-dancer in 1962/63 and 1966.

Mike lives in Clapham, South London, he first began his postings
to usenet, BBS, and online forums back in 1996, which is long before
most of you, especially google gropers, learned of he internet let
alone knew how to use it.
But Mikes paranoia of alleged MI5 persecution can be traced back
as far 1990, when newspaper editors, TV newsdesks, magazine
reviewers, radio shows et al, first received Mike's reports of his
harassment by UK security services and MI5 operatives.

Mike has his own website:
http://www.five.org.uk/

There have been numerous newspaper articles and online thesis
about Mike's postings, this is a BBC article on the subject:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/A164404

And amongst many other covers of the Mike Corley phenomenon
there has been a modern opera about this usenet legend:
http://www.thecorleyconspiracy.com/

What the current flood is all about is hinted at in the X-posts.
He percieves uk.misc to be an MI5 infiltrated group.
And Mike is flooding it. But also it is included in the X-posts because
he knows many always respond to his posts, and you in turn flood
the group uk.misc.

Old December 27th 07, 05:54 PM posted to sci.energy.hydrogen,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.toyota

sounds like a case of paranoia. About the same as we have with big brother
personally monitoring ALL of your phone calls. Just make sure you don't
mention that your dessert for Christmas dinner bombed or you will make all
the rest in prison! I was trying to do the math on how many people it would
take to monitor all the phone calls - I gave up.

Ron in Ca

Old December 27th 07, 06:16 PM posted to sci.energy.hydrogen,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.toyota

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" wrote:

In article ,
Meat Plow wrote:

Mike lives in Clapham, South London, he first began his postings
to usenet, BBS, and online forums back in 1996, which is long before
most of you, especially google gropers, learned of he internet let
alone knew how to use it.

****, I had broadband in 1996.

Exactly.

I had a Rat Shack M100 back in, what--1983. Complete with dialup.

I had a LAPTOP in 1983. Epson HX-20.
http://oldcomputers.net/hx-20.html

So there !

Graham

Old December 27th 07, 06:36 PM posted to sci.energy.hydrogen,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.toyota

Eeyore wrote:

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" wrote:

In article ,
Meat Plow wrote:

Mike lives in Clapham, South London, he first began his postings
to usenet, BBS, and online forums back in 1996, which is long before
most of you, especially google gropers, learned of he internet let
alone knew how to use it.
****, I had broadband in 1996.

Exactly.

I had a Rat Shack M100 back in, what--1983. Complete with dialup.

I had a LAPTOP in 1983. Epson HX-20.
http://oldcomputers.net/hx-20.html

So there !

Graham

And just what did you think an M100 was/is? I didn't get mine until
1984, but I used it until well into the 90's.

So...where?

jak
Old December 27th 07, 06:52 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair
msg msg is offline

Eeyore wrote:

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" wrote:

In article ,
Meat Plow wrote:

Mike lives in Clapham, South London, he first began his postings
to usenet, BBS, and online forums back in 1996, which is long before
most of you, especially google gropers, learned of he internet let
alone knew how to use it.

****, I had broadband in 1996.

Exactly.

I had a Rat Shack M100 back in, what--1983. Complete with dialup.

I had a LAPTOP in 1983. Epson HX-20.
http://oldcomputers.net/hx-20.html

Follow-ups changed to sci.electronics.repair only

I _made_ a laptop in 1983-84: ZX-81 cpu board + internal expansion bus +
microcassette drive (on the bus) + bar code wand (on the bus) + thermal
printer (on the bus) + 64kB ram + micro CRT display on gooseneck at rear
of case, all built into a converted TI-994/A housing with it's keyboard.
The cassette was embedded into the case at the left rear. To view the
display, you pressed your eye into the 'viewfinder' rubber hood and had
a 320x200 graphics or 80x24 char alpha display (b&w). O/S and apps were
loaded from the cassette, ROM contained a debug monitor. One could also
use the audio interface to load and store from magtape recorders and the
bus was brought external to permit expansion for RS232, etc. I needed
to add lots of bus logic and power control circuitry; the battery was a
drop-in nicad pack at the right rear of the case (similar in concept to
modern powertool packs). With the CRT off, I could get 12 hours of
continuous runtime. I also gave the cassette and bar code wand poweroff
controls which extended runtime.

Regards,

Michael

Old December 27th 07, 08:01 PM posted to sci.energy.hydrogen,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.toyota

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 12:33:03 +0000, Clarissa wrote:

The Mi5 poster has every right to post, but to bring you uptodate, here is
a brief resume of this usenet legend: His name is Mike Corley. He is part
of usenet history. He also was a champion tap-dancer in 1962/63 and 1966.

Who gives a flying ****? Let him post in the appropriate forums. We don't
care about it in the Toyota group, and I'm sure plenty others don't,
either.

If he has such heartburn with his government monitoring Internet
communications, the answer is simple: GET THE HELL OFF THE INTERNET!!!

As far as I see, all he is is an attention hungry Spammer who ought to
just STFU and leave people who don't want to hear his crying alone.
Old December 27th 07, 08:04 PM posted to sci.energy.hydrogen,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.toyota

"Hachiroku ????" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 12:33:03 +0000, Clarissa wrote:

The Mi5 poster has every right to post, but to bring you uptodate, here
is
a brief resume of this usenet legend: His name is Mike Corley. He is part
of usenet history. He also was a champion tap-dancer in 1962/63 and 1966.

Who gives a flying ****? Let him post in the appropriate forums. We don't
care about it in the Toyota group, and I'm sure plenty others don't,
either.

What the hell would be an appropriate forum for a nut case like him? :-)

Old December 27th 07, 08:19 PM posted to sci.energy.hydrogen,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.toyota

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 12:57:43 -0500, Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

In article ,
Meat Plow wrote:

Mike lives in Clapham, South London, he first began his postings to
usenet, BBS, and online forums back in 1996, which is long before most
of you, especially google gropers, learned of he internet let alone
knew how to use it.

****, I had broadband in 1996.

Exactly.

I had a Rat Shack M100 back in, what--1983. Complete with dialup.

Oh yeah? Well, I had a VAX in 1979 with a 300 baud modem.

That *WAS* broadband in 1979...

Old December 27th 07, 10:37 PM posted to sci.energy.hydrogen,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.toyota

"Clarissa" wrote in message
The Mi5 poster has every right to post,

Technically, he has no right to cross-post. If there was a group that
catered to the **** he has to say, THEN he would have a right to post to
that particular group.

Posting **** all over usenet that James Bond is chasing him across the
globe, and watching him take a shower, is not a right that anybody has. Well
except I have a right to post my objection all over usenet to his **** that
he posts all over usenet.

Old December 28th 07, 01:32 AM posted to sci.energy.hydrogen, sci.electronics.repair, alt.autos.toyota

On Dec 27, 7:33*am, "Clarissa"
wrote:
The Mi5 poster has every right to post, but to bring you uptodate,
here is a brief resume of this usenet legend:

AHA!

So, hee is a legendary pain in the ass? We should feel honored that he
pollutes here?

What he needs is stronger meds, better keepers and better care, not an
apologist.

1996 - long time ago? This makes you what? 19?

Seems both of you need a life. Please find one other than here, RAT,
RAR+P, VW and any of the other venues that idiot uses as his outhouse
but that have no use for him.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA