Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Despair about spider infestation!

Hey,

I'm at my wit's end about the spiders in my room! I still live at home
(uni student, and all), and it seems my room is the only one in the
house with the problem. I'm positive that a spider came in, set up
nest, and had babies, because about 1/2 a year ago the ones I killed
were tiny and now they're about 1cm. I've been sporadically squishing
spiders every now and then for about a year, but recently its gotten a
lot worse. I've killed 10 in 2 days (same size, same breed)! I also get
the odd daddy long-legs, but my friend reckons these are huntsmen
babies. I've also noticed really really tiny bugs around now, which I'm
scared are more baby spiders. I admit my room is a mess and there's a
lot of places to hide in =(.

Can anyone suggest any products or anything that could get rid of all
of them? I'm starting to get creepy crawly sensations on my skin and
I'm sure I've eaten more than my lifetime allotment of 8 spiders...

Thanks for any tips,
Jenny

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

The spiders need something to eat, or they will die. Clean up your room and
they'll leave.

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair
Robertm

Raid Fumigators, $13.99 for a three pak. Water based, no oily residue. Kills
all the black widows and brown recluse spiders here.

Bob

wrote in message
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

Spiders eat bugs, bugs eat food, jennys a poor houskeeper and eats food
in her bedroom. Like you parents said 1000 times , clean up that mess.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

Some scientific counts show over 11,000 spiders per acre in the U.S. In
Jenny's case, all the spiders that would have normally been in the rest of
the house, have migrated to her room where there's plenty of food.

"m Ransley" wrote in message
Spiders eat bugs, bugs eat food, jennys a poor houskeeper and eats food
in her bedroom. Like you parents said 1000 times , clean up that mess.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

m Ransley wrote:
Spiders eat bugs, bugs eat food, jennys a poor houskeeper and eats food
in her bedroom. Like you parents said 1000 times , clean up that mess.

Look at the bright side: they'll keep all the cockroaches at bay.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE

Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B

wrote in message
[...]

Do a Google on "brown recluse spiders" and "hobo" spiders. Follow it to a
site that sells glue traps. They are simple to use, relatively inexpensive,
and they work.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair
jmagerl

The stat I heard is is that no matter where you are, you are within 3 ft of
a spider. I wonder if thats true in Antartica?

"m Ransley" wrote in message
Spiders eat bugs, bugs eat food, jennys a poor houskeeper and eats food
in her bedroom. Like you parents said 1000 times , clean up that mess.

Posted to alt.home.repair
bonniejean

wrote in message
[...]

I agree. Clean the room and then set off foggers/bombs.

A Weird Infestation Ron Hubbard Home Repair 2 September 7th 05 02:42 AM
Silverfish infestation! MGT UK diy 44 April 22nd 05 03:59 PM
OT Carpenter Ants Laurie Forbes Metalworking 25 February 21st 05 02:26 PM
Confused about possible termite infestation JoeD Home Ownership 19 September 10th 04 04:39 AM
Woodworm / furniture beetle infestation - what to do? Z UK diy 22 March 8th 04 10:39 PM