Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Why are the dishes like this?

I'm in Israel right now, staying in the Armenian quarter of the Old
City of Jerusalem, and I noticed something odd, afaik, about a couple
satellite dishes I see on a couple buildings.

The dishes are about 3 to 4 feet wide, iiac, and there is a rod across
the front that holds an "antenna" in the focal point, I guess, of the
concave dish.

But there are also 2 more antennas, one on the left of center and one
on the right, about 8 to 10 inches away from center. All three are
white boxes about 3 inches x 3 x 4. I can understand why they might
need three antennas, but I don't see how 2 of them can be so far from
the center. Maybe they're not using the other two, just storing them
for when the center one breaks? ??
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

mm wrote:

I'm in Israel right now, staying in the Armenian quarter of the Old
City of Jerusalem, and I noticed something odd, afaik, about a couple
satellite dishes I see on a couple buildings.

The dishes are about 3 to 4 feet wide, iiac, and there is a rod across
the front that holds an "antenna" in the focal point, I guess, of the
concave dish.

But there are also 2 more antennas, one on the left of center and one
on the right, about 8 to 10 inches away from center. All three are
white boxes about 3 inches x 3 x 4. I can understand why they might
need three antennas, but I don't see how 2 of them can be so far from
the center. Maybe they're not using the other two, just storing them
for when the center one breaks? ??

They are using three feedhorns to pick up three different satellites
at the same time. This is a prime focus configuration, and a scaled
down version of the 'Simulsat' concept.
http://idyd.com/image/atci/simulsat7_family.gif

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 15:43:09 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

mm wrote:

[...]

I get it. Thanks. And in less than an hour from when i posted!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

mm wrote:

I get it. Thanks. And in less than an hour from when i posted!

You're welcome.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

dishes have white film on them dkhedmo Home Repair 1 May 2nd 07 08:09 PM
Satellite dishes Nick Maclaren UK diy 20 March 6th 07 07:52 PM
Drying dishes in a dishwasher Terry Home Repair 40 January 29th 07 03:57 PM
Dishwasher - dishes are very hot when it's done [email protected] Home Ownership 5 March 24th 06 08:59 PM
Dishwasher Dishes Stay Wet -Help!! Mojogame Home Ownership 3 September 15th 04 10:58 PM