Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default HDLP50W151YX1 Problem

Set turns on and may work normally for a few minutes if starting from
cold. Lamp goes out, colour wheel spins down, audio remains, lamp
starts up again. It (the lamp) will continue cycling while audio stays
constant.
Chipper Chek says "lamp failure" no other fault codes generated.Lamp
checks good in another set.
Any thoughts?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Nov 23, 1:47 pm, wrote:
Set turns on and may work normally for a few minutes if starting from
cold. Lamp goes out, colour wheel spins down, audio remains, lamp

Ballast? What voltage do you have on the lamp? As it nears 125
volts, if I remember right, it is telling you the lifespan is about
over. I think new is around 75 volts getting higher as it ages.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Thanks for the suggestions. Both lamps which were working
intermittantly, needed more than 140 volts to maintain an arc. Over
144 volts and the lamp would go out. A third lamp which I scrapped out
of an LG light engine worked fine and only needed 110 volts to run.