Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Which DVD Player is more reliable?

"JW" wrote in message
On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 18:03:23 GMT "James Sweet"
wrote in Message id: Ldk0j.7690$B21.1714@trndny07:

We've had this conversation before Graham. As a service engineer, which
you, I think, are not, I can only go by experience. The caps which
regularly fail, are (most) always rated just a couple of volts above
what
they are actually running at. Now I know full well that you believe this
to be a nonsense, but I'm sure that anyone else on here who is regularly
involved in actually repairing the stuff, will tell you the same. It
might
be some kind of anomaly in your reckoning, or even not possible to your
mind. That doesn't alter the fact that it is true. It might just be a
physical size versus internal heat issue. I just don't know, but it is
so,
whether you believe it or not.

Other than this, I don't want to get into the discussion, as it's not
what
the thread is about, and the last thing we need is another one
degenerating into a ridiculous flame war, as you get madder and madder,
and all the usual suspects jump in to have a pop at you ...

Second that,

Thirded. I've been repairing electronics equipment for 20+ years.

I haven't seen much from that guy aside from inflamatory flame
posts.

And ditto as well. I was once looking for a source on power cords for some
vintage HP test equipment. The guy pops into the thread ranting and
screaming at me about how different types of wire would not effect the
quality of sound from a stereo system. Sheesh.

I remember that..

Help I am looking for a reliable builder cb UK diy 4 October 12th 06 07:31 PM
Reliable standalone PIR Mark UK diy 11 January 27th 06 09:06 AM
Reliable Studfinder Kyle Boatright Home Repair 6 February 25th 05 05:29 AM
which A/C SEER is more reliable? [email protected] Home Repair 18 January 20th 05 02:21 PM
How reliable are BES? Set Square UK diy 6 December 14th 04 07:07 PM