Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Where is the Pioneer ASC login page?

This might sound like stupid question but I have not accesed the Pioneer
technical website for a while and need to get in right now to check
something. My login information seems to have changed, I cannot for the
life of me find where authorized Pioneer service centers can log into the
site.

I used to go he
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...6_2128,00.html

Then follow these instructions to log in:

Go to Service & Support
on the red menu bar, then choose
Authorized Service Companies
to bring up a login box window.

This page like don't exist anymore and I cannot find out where to log in as
an ASC (Authorized Service Center) in order to get some unit information
that I need right now. Is this info outdated or something or is there a new
web page for ASCs to log in with? Thanks.

--
~Ohmster | ohmster /a/t/ ohmster dot com
Put "messageforohmster" in message body
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Ohmster" wrote in message
[...]

Nowadays you login through their parts website.

http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/

You may need to re-register.

Mark Z.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in news:qXPWi.52207
:

Nowadays you login through their parts website.

http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/

You may need to re-register.

Mark Z.

Ugh, I was here already and cannot find anyway to gain access as asc and
have been to this site many times in the past. This blows I need some info
RIGHT NOW and cannot in any way, find the ASC entrance to the site. I do
remember having this issue in the past and forget what I did about it. I
have google desktop search and it may be in the email stuff where I have to
look.

Hey, if you can get in as an ASC from that web address, please let me know
and what you had to do to find the ASC login prompt or at least what page
did have the asc logon info on it. Thanks Mark.

thj

--
~Ohmster | ohmster /a/t/ ohmster dot com
Put "messageforohmster" in message body
(That is Message Body, not Subject!)
to pass my spam filter.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Ohmster" wrote in message
[...]

In the upper left area of the page there is a spot to enter your username
and password. In out case the username is our e-mail address previously
registered on the parts website. The password will to be a new one - the old
one you previously had won't work. Maybe it can auto-email you back with a
generic password which you can change. You may have to call Pioneer for help
on initial access to the site, but I would go over to the site and look. I'm
not in love with the new servicers site either.

Mark Z.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message
t...

"Ohmster" wrote in message
[...]

I don't know what has happened to Pioneer service over the last few months.
Over here, they had a service department which had been run by the same two
guys for years. They always knew exactly what you were talking about, and
were ALWAYS able to offer a fix for any nasty problem that you had. They
were a pleasure to talk to, engineer to engineer. Sadly, Pioneer closed
their service department completely about a year back, so these helpful guys
are no more. Just an automated phone system now that when you finally get
through to a human, gives you a snot-nosed kid paid to fence calls with the
usual generic and insulting "have you tried a different disc" type of crap.
Then he promises to get someone to call you back, but no-one ever does ...

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Ohmster" wrote in message
[...]

Yeah, Pioneer support has slipped over here as well, except they still try
really hard for their plasma customers.

The absolute worst was Denon / Marantz service in the U.S.
After D & M Holdings became the owner, the place became a virtual
ghost-town. You'd be on hold for 20 minutes BEFORE being told to leave a
message, which of course would not be returned. That is if they didn't drop
the call after the 20 or 30 minutes of wait time...
The have a new national service manager now, and his job is really cut out
for him, but I can tell things are getting better. I was able to get a
much-overdue rate increase, service manuals can (finally!) be downloaded, I
have access to current parts pricing using Excel spreadsheets, and I have
valid phone and e-mail contact information.
Their technical support is really only generic though, their guy Lou is an
old Sony guy, and doesn't have a lot of actual experience on the Denon
product. Not a big hindrance however - if it's really such a pain in the ass
repair, I just send it to New Jersey or Illinois, or just punt the whole
deal.

Mark Z.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Arfa Daily" wrote in
:

I don't know what has happened to Pioneer service over the last few
months. Over here, they had a service department which had been run by
the same two guys for years. They always knew exactly what you were
talking about, and were ALWAYS able to offer a fix for any nasty
problem that you had. They were a pleasure to talk to, engineer to
engineer. Sadly, Pioneer closed their service department completely
about a year back, so these helpful guys are no more. Just an
automated phone system now that when you finally get through to a
human, gives you a snot-nosed kid paid to fence calls with the usual
generic and insulting "have you tried a different disc" type of crap.
Then he promises to get someone to call you back, but no-one ever does

Arfa

Those two guys were Jeff Anbrews and Hugh Gordon. Yeah they were good guys,
and they always picked up the lunch tab!

--
~Ohmster | ohmster /a/t/ ohmster dot com
Put "messageforohmster" in message body
(That is Message Body, not Subject!)
to pass my spam filter.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair