Posted to sci.electronics.repair
No Name

Default Mits WD-52725 timer lamp blinks continually

Hi. Mits WD-52725 dlp set. Timer lamp blinks green continually, reseting for
a moment, when a relay clicks on PS, then usually resumes blinking, but not
always. It can settle down and then I can start it up for a short time. Have
checked PS outputs at test points with scope. All clean and flat. No puffy
caps or any other obvious bad parts. Some voltages only come up when set is
in the mood to run. 6V point runs at 7.2, which I expect as it is straight
from diodes and caps, not regulated at that point. Otherwise all good if a
volt or so high. Pulled DM board and changed the 4 1000 uf caps on general
principles. Same results. Did same on Format board. Same results. Saw
nothing unusual on DM , FMT, Terminal or tuner boards. Just for fun,
unhooked power from Terminal board and tried. Except for blue screen from
lack of a signal, same result.

Another note here on this set. Before it quits, the control panel buttons
and remote pickup loses control, nothing responds. Shuts down soon
afterwards, and resumes timer light blinking. Voltage going to control panel
is right about 3 volts. I have more digging to do before trying to estimate
the repair, as I don't want to just throw money at the problem, hoping to
solve it.

Have heard something about reinitializing the eprom, but no details.

There is lots of info on the WS series sets about this, but little on the WD
sets.

Thanks, Danny

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
No Name

Replaced DM board. Seems to be resolved.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Did you try changing the caps that usually swell up and start with high DA
before changing the board?

Leonard

wrote in message
Replaced DM board. Seems to be resolved.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

Replaced DM board. Seems to be resolved.

I have the same problem with my WD-52725, but I haven't been able to
figure out how to remove the DM board. If you could point me in the
right direction I would be very grateful.

I've removed the back cover and the rear plate, and I removed the
screws holding the chassis in place so I can slide the chassis back.

What's the next step?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Will Zenter" wrote in message

Replaced DM board. Seems to be resolved.

I have the same problem with my WD-52725, but I haven't been able to
figure out how to remove the DM board. If you could point me in the
right direction I would be very grateful.

I've removed the back cover and the rear plate, and I removed the
screws holding the chassis in place so I can slide the chassis back.

What's the next step?

These are tedious to take apart, but not particularly challenging. If you
can't figure it out you probably need to not be messing with it. It is easy
to damage wires or ribbon cables.

Leonard

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Leonard Caillouet" wrote:

"Will Zenter" wrote in message
.. .
wrote:

Replaced DM board. Seems to be resolved.

I have the same problem with my WD-52725, but I haven't been able to
figure out how to remove the DM board. If you could point me in the
right direction I would be very grateful.

I've removed the back cover and the rear plate, and I removed the
screws holding the chassis in place so I can slide the chassis back.

What's the next step?

These are tedious to take apart, but not particularly challenging. If you
can't figure it out you probably need to not be messing with it. It is easy
to damage wires or ribbon cables.

Leonard

Would you please give me instructions or a hint as to what to do next?
Not seeing what to do (perhaps having a blind spot) is not the same as
being careless enough to damage something.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
No Name

Fixed this one with new DM board.

Thanks for the assist