Posted to sci.electronics.repair
wilm

Default Gas Hob Piezo continually clicking

the ignitition on my Gas hob cooker is continually clicking, can't find
any buttons stuck down. welcome other suggestions.

Thanks for any help

--
wilm
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sam Goldwasser

wilm writes:

the ignitition on my Gas hob cooker is continually clicking, can't find
any buttons stuck down. welcome other suggestions.

I have no idea what a gas hob cooker is but if it has controls like
a stovetop, did someone try to clean the surface or controls with
something wet? There may be some residual liquid in there conducting
current.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Geoffrey S. Mendelson

Sam Goldwasser wrote:

I have no idea what a gas hob cooker is but if it has controls like
a stovetop, did someone try to clean the surface or controls with
something wet? There may be some residual liquid in there conducting
current.

A hob is Brittish slang for a stovetop or range. A "gas hob cooker" is
a gas stove.

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 IL Fax: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838
You should have boycotted Google while you could, now Google supported
BPL is in action. Time is running out on worldwide radio communication.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily

"Sam Goldwasser" wrote in message
wilm writes:

the ignitition on my Gas hob cooker is continually clicking, can't find
any buttons stuck down. welcome other suggestions.

I have no idea what a gas hob cooker is but if it has controls like
a stovetop, did someone try to clean the surface or controls with
something wet? There may be some residual liquid in there conducting
current.

When my wife gives ours a good ' birthday ', with lots of water and cleaning
solutions flying around, it fires on its own for days. Drives you up the
wall. All over the house ( and it's a big house ), you can hear CLICK ! -
CLICK ! - CLICK ! .......

It's like a Chinese water torture. It does eventually go away after about a
week, when all of the water has dried out of the push switches, located just
under the knobs.

Arfa