DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Gas Hob Piezo continually clicking (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/136083-gas-hob-piezo-continually-clicking.html)

wilm December 17th 05 08:01 PM

Gas Hob Piezo continually clicking

the ignitition on my Gas hob cooker is continually clicking, can't find
any buttons stuck down. welcome other suggestions.

Thanks for any help

--
wilm

Sam Goldwasser December 17th 05 10:32 PM

wilm writes:

the ignitition on my Gas hob cooker is continually clicking, can't find
any buttons stuck down. welcome other suggestions.

I have no idea what a gas hob cooker is but if it has controls like
a stovetop, did someone try to clean the surface or controls with
something wet? There may be some residual liquid in there conducting
current.

Geoffrey S. Mendelson December 17th 05 11:11 PM

Sam Goldwasser wrote:

I have no idea what a gas hob cooker is but if it has controls like
a stovetop, did someone try to clean the surface or controls with
something wet? There may be some residual liquid in there conducting
current.

A hob is Brittish slang for a stovetop or range. A "gas hob cooker" is
a gas stove.

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 IL Fax: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838
You should have boycotted Google while you could, now Google supported
BPL is in action. Time is running out on worldwide radio communication.

Arfa Daily December 18th 05 12:28 AM

"Sam Goldwasser" wrote in message
wilm writes:

the ignitition on my Gas hob cooker is continually clicking, can't find
any buttons stuck down. welcome other suggestions.

I have no idea what a gas hob cooker is but if it has controls like
a stovetop, did someone try to clean the surface or controls with
something wet? There may be some residual liquid in there conducting
current.

When my wife gives ours a good ' birthday ', with lots of water and cleaning
solutions flying around, it fires on its own for days. Drives you up the
wall. All over the house ( and it's a big house ), you can hear CLICK ! -
CLICK ! - CLICK ! .......

It's like a Chinese water torture. It does eventually go away after about a
week, when all of the water has dried out of the push switches, located just
under the knobs.

Arfa