Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default TV problem

Hi

My Panasonic TV model number TX-W28R4DP has just gone wrong.

This happened suddenly without warning as the TV was switched on.

The screen has scrolled up so that there is a black bar at the bottom
and shimmering black lines through the rest of the picture, see picture
below.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...erseyes/tv.jpg

Does anyone have any advice please?

Thanks in advance.

Kris
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
AJ AJ is offline

Appears to be a problem in the vertical frame deflection circuitry. Possibly
the output ic, associated capacitors and other components. Post actual
diagnostics you have done or off it to a qualified service facility.
"Every Strangers Eyes" wrote in message

Hi

My Panasonic TV model number TX-W28R4DP has just gone wrong.

This happened suddenly without warning as the TV was switched on.

The screen has scrolled up so that there is a black bar at the bottom and
shimmering black lines through the rest of the picture, see picture below.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...erseyes/tv.jpg

Does anyone have any advice please?

Thanks in advance.

Kris

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Not done any diagnostics as I'm a complete novice when it comes to TV's.

I guess it'll have to be scrapped as the cost of repairs will probably
out weigh the cost of a new TV.

Thanks for the help though.

AJ wrote:
Appears to be a problem in the vertical frame deflection circuitry.
Possibly the output ic, associated capacitors and other components. Post
actual diagnostics you have done or off it to a qualified service facility.

"Every Strangers Eyes" wrote in message

Hi

My Panasonic TV model number TX-W28R4DP has just gone wrong.

This happened suddenly without warning as the TV was switched on.

The screen has scrolled up so that there is a black bar at the bottom
and shimmering black lines through the rest of the picture, see
picture below.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...erseyes/tv.jpg

Does anyone have any advice please?

Thanks in advance.

Kris

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Every Strangers Eyes writes:

Not done any diagnostics as I'm a complete novice when it comes to TV's.

I guess it'll have to be scrapped as the cost of repairs will probably
out weigh the cost of a new TV.

Maybe not. This is probably a rather minor and easily repaired problem.