Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Ge Oven fails to heat

Ge Profile Built in
JT915 - 30 "

When I press Bake and set temp on keypad
the oven fails to heat. 100 degrees in red stays at 100
I tried the Broiler, it also fails to heat.

Wired to20 amp, double pole breaker
Fairly simple.
Any ideas ?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
Ge Profile Built in
JT915 - 30 "

When I press Bake and set temp on keypad
the oven fails to heat. 100 degrees in red stays at 100
I tried the Broiler, it also fails to heat.

Wired to20 amp, double pole breaker
Fairly simple.
Any ideas ?

Get out the multimeter and start poking around in the back. Figure out what
controls the elements, there's probably a contactor or big triac. It could
be as simple as a cracked solder joint on the control board.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Aug 26, 5:50 pm, "James Sweet" wrote:
wrote in message

Ge Profile Built in
JT915 - 30 "

When I press Bake and set temp on keypad
the oven fails to heat. 100 degrees in red stays at 100
I tried the Broiler, it also fails to heat.

Wired to20 amp, double pole breaker
Fairly simple.
Any ideas ?

Get out the multimeter and start poking around in the back. Figure out what
controls the elements, there's probably a contactor or big triac. It could
be as simple as a cracked solder joint on the control board.

It could also be an open in the actual heating elements.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Thanks for the help !
Turns out I had the breaker installed incorrectly
I am running off a sub panel and I used a thin double pole
I only contacted one of the bus bars.....The breaker is must
cross both bars to get 240v
I tested voltage across the breaker terminals and it read 0
So I reinstalled and it works just fine

Thanks again for the help.

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 03:49:18 GMT, "James Sweet"
wrote:

ups.com...
wrote in message

Ge Profile Built in
JT915 - 30 "

When I press Bake and set temp on keypad
the oven fails to heat. 100 degrees in red stays at 100
I tried the Broiler, it also fails to heat.

Wired to20 amp, double pole breaker
Fairly simple.
Any ideas ?

Get out the multimeter and start poking around in the back. Figure out
what
controls the elements, there's probably a contactor or big triac. It
could
be as simple as a cracked solder joint on the control board.

It could also be an open in the actual heating elements.

That's a really good point, I'm not sure why that isn't the first thing I
thought of. Check the connections to the lower bake element as well, the
wires can burn off.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
Thanks for the help !
Turns out I had the breaker installed incorrectly
I am running off a sub panel and I used a thin double pole
I only contacted one of the bus bars.....The breaker is must
cross both bars to get 240v
I tested voltage across the breaker terminals and it read 0
So I reinstalled and it works just fine

Thanks again for the help.

Yep, that'll do it. I had assumed this was an existing installation that
quit functioning.

Oven won't heat up-is it the element or the switch? David Cook Home Repair 15 October 22nd 09 08:36 AM
gas oven won;t heat badge Home Repair 12 July 11th 07 10:14 PM
Cheap heat-treat oven Rex B Metalworking 0 March 22nd 06 11:26 PM
Looking for a heat treat oven Alex Metalworking 0 October 29th 05 06:00 PM
Buying a small heat treat oven and Annealing oven Waynemak Metalworking 7 October 8th 05 03:59 AM