Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Pioneer PDP-433MXE Power Supply fault

I am attempting to repair the Power Supply Unit ( board number PCB2310
A06-12196B MDK79V-0) fitted to a Pioneer plasma panel PDP-433MXE (similar to
a PDP-503MXE).
I have found most of the faulty components, caused by the failure of Q127,
and its source resistor, but I don't know what caused Q127 to fail in the
first place. I have traced out part of the circuit (schematic) and have
tested all of the likely items.

I am unable to find a service manual on the web which contains a circuit
diagram, but I have found some references to this fault on a Russian
website, only problem is I don't read Russian ! Even so this has been
usefull in identifying some of the failed components.

Does anyone out there have a circuit / schematic for the power supply which
I can have, or does anyone know what causes this fault?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Ian.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wednesday, August 15, 2007 4:31:54 PM UTC+1, Ian French wrote:
[...]

Did you find all the fixes to bring this plasma back to life?

My PDP-433MXE just went pop when I tried to bring it out of standby