Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default pc's ps lc-b400atx burned component any schematic?

Hi. While i was working on my pc, it's ps literally started to burn
out (flames and smoke). I've opened it and it is (or i think it is) a
resistor placed nerby a curious arragement of two 1A diodes that are
attached to a heat sink. It burned so badly that it almost made a hole
in the printed circuit, so i can't know what was the value (or what it
was).
Does anyone have the schematic of these ps?
The brand is Vision, but there are a hole of other brands that
manufacture the same ps.

Best regards.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

electrotech wrote:

Hi. While i was working on my pc, it's ps literally started to burn
out (flames and smoke). I've opened it and it is (or i think it is) a
resistor placed nerby a curious arragement of two 1A diodes that are
attached to a heat sink. It burned so badly that it almost made a hole
in the printed circuit, so i can't know what was the value (or what it
was).
Does anyone have the schematic of these ps?
The brand is Vision, but there are a hole of other brands that
manufacture the same ps.

It's unlikely it was just a resistor randomly failing.

In truth, if the PCB is burnt, you're better off getting a replacement PSU.

Graham

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
KN KN is offline

In article , Eeyore
wrote:

electrotech wrote:

Hi. While i was working on my pc, it's ps literally started to burn
out (flames and smoke). I've opened it and it is (or i think it is) a
resistor placed nerby a curious arragement of two 1A diodes that are
attached to a heat sink. It burned so badly that it almost made a hole
in the printed circuit, so i can't know what was the value (or what it
was).
Does anyone have the schematic of these ps?
The brand is Vision, but there are a hole of other brands that
manufacture the same ps.

It's unlikely it was just a resistor randomly failing.

In truth, if the PCB is burnt, you're better off getting a replacement PSU.

Ask Frank Zabkar by posting here.
Google for "lc-b400atx" and you may get Frank's posted link

http://electro-tech.narod.ru/schemat...Y-B200-ATX.zip

The above link is not valid now or you need to register as a member before
you can download.

I have a dead "Falcon LC-B500E" which actually uses a
pcb=Y-B200ATX ver:2.9.
The component nearby between the (two Diodes attached to a heatsink))=D14
is marked as R23=10ohm, 0.25W, carbon.

If R23 is burnt and caused a hole in the pcb, some other components are
also damaged.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 14 Ago, 15:21, (KN) wrote:
In article , Eeyore

wrote:

electrotech wrote:

[...]

also damaged.- Ocultar texto citado -

- Mostrar texto citado -

Thanks for the tips guys. I've replaced the resistor and a 10nF
capacitor that was in series with it, that was literally singed
because of the burned resistor. I believe that the resistor burned
bacause of intense heating, it might have been working a lot of time
at it's limit of temperature and now simply desintegrated, or maybe
the capacitor lost capacitance stressing the resistor. I've tested the
12v line with a load, till the +/- 2,5A and it did OK. The case says
it can go till 15A, but in my test, at that current, the line droped
to 11.4V, so i'm quite relutant to believe in it.

Best regards.