Posted to sci.electronics.repair
KN KN is offline

Default pc's ps lc-b400atx burned component any schematic?

In article , Eeyore
wrote:

electrotech wrote:

Hi. While i was working on my pc, it's ps literally started to burn
out (flames and smoke). I've opened it and it is (or i think it is) a
resistor placed nerby a curious arragement of two 1A diodes that are
attached to a heat sink. It burned so badly that it almost made a hole
in the printed circuit, so i can't know what was the value (or what it
was).
Does anyone have the schematic of these ps?
The brand is Vision, but there are a hole of other brands that
manufacture the same ps.

It's unlikely it was just a resistor randomly failing.

In truth, if the PCB is burnt, you're better off getting a replacement PSU.

Ask Frank Zabkar by posting here.
Google for "lc-b400atx" and you may get Frank's posted link

http://electro-tech.narod.ru/schemat...Y-B200-ATX.zip

The above link is not valid now or you need to register as a member before
you can download.

I have a dead "Falcon LC-B500E" which actually uses a
pcb=Y-B200ATX ver:2.9.
The component nearby between the (two Diodes attached to a heatsink))=D14
is marked as R23=10ohm, 0.25W, carbon.

If R23 is burnt and caused a hole in the pcb, some other components are
also damaged.