Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Record LCD TV to Computer

If I bought an LCD TV that doubled as a computer monitor, would I be able to
record TV to the PC? Would I need special software to do so?

Thanks very much.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Julia Betancóurt de Velasquez" wrote in message
If I bought an LCD TV that doubled as a computer monitor, would I be able
to record TV to the PC? Would I need special software to do so?

Thanks very much.

No. If you want to record TV get a TV / DTV Tuner for your PC. Both USB2 or
PCI solutions are available, and there is a lot of different software to do
it, depending on what you want to do (scheduling etc).

James

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Julia Betancóurt de Velasquez" wrote in message
If I bought an LCD TV that doubled as a computer monitor, would I be able
to record TV to the PC? Would I need special software to do so?

Thanks very much.

No, the video output from the computer is a one way street. There's ways of
getting video into a computer, but not through the monitor.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Julia Betancóurt de Velasquez" wrote in
:

If I bought an LCD TV that doubled as a computer monitor, would I be
able to record TV to the PC? Would I need special software to do so?

Thanks very much.

Not becasue you got that monitor.

You would need an appropriate tuner for your PC and the software to use
that tuner, to be able to record TV to your PC. What the TV/monitor may
have for a tuner has no bearing on the matter.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Jul 22, 8:10 am, "Julia Betancóurt de Velasquez"
wrote:
If I bought an LCD TV that doubled as a computer monitor, would I be able to
record TV to the PC? Would I need special software to do so?

Thanks very much.

if you have a dv camera that has analog to digital passthrough then
you can record high quality video on your pc with a fireware cable.

1. put the video out from the lcd tv to the dv cam
2. put the fireware cable from the dv cam to the pc ( ur pc will need
to have a fireware port, latest motherboards have them built in,
audigy 2 zs sound card has one). make sure you turn on av-video to dv
option in your dv cam.
3. record using microsoft movie maker that comes with xp/vista or
other software.

FS Record Planes RayV Woodworking 2 March 29th 07 05:01 AM
Sony TRV-330 does not record [email protected] Electronics Repair 4 February 5th 06 03:57 AM
This has got to be a record. PJ Metalworking 24 December 21st 05 02:43 AM
which oil to use in record cl3 bizHB Woodturning 8 December 20th 05 10:55 AM
Record DML 24 News Woodturning 0 October 24th 04 04:13 PM