Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sony TRV-330 does not record

Hi All,

When I try to record a video using my Handycam, it does not record
anything. everything is working fine, I can see the picture in view
finder and it shows its recording but when I go to the VCR mode and
replay it, it shows the blue screen no sound no picture.
I then tried to play back some of my old recordings and I get the same
blue screen and no voice.

Does anyone know why this is happening? I even bought a new Hi8 tape
and tried but still nothing is getting recorded. do I need to clean the
head of the cam or what?

If anyone of you have any idea how to solve this problem I will
appreciate the help.

Thanks

Nadeem

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mark D. Zacharias

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi All,

When I try to record a video using my Handycam, it does not record
anything. everything is working fine, I can see the picture in view
finder and it shows its recording but when I go to the VCR mode and
replay it, it shows the blue screen no sound no picture.
I then tried to play back some of my old recordings and I get the same
blue screen and no voice.

Does anyone know why this is happening? I even bought a new Hi8 tape
and tried but still nothing is getting recorded. do I need to clean the
head of the cam or what?

If anyone of you have any idea how to solve this problem I will
appreciate the help.

Thanks

Nadeem

A decent quality head cleaning tape might fix it. I'm not usually a fan of
cleaning tapes - but they do seem to work on these models. I would stick
with a Sony brand cleaning tape - lots of others are awful junk.

There is a chance of a mechanical misalignment, bad head, etc but the
cleaner is worth a try.

Mark Z.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jumpster Jiver

Mark D. Zacharias wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

Yes, I too believe a cleaning tape may solve this problem. If it
doesn't help, have it evaluated and professionally cleaned by a
competent repair shop.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mr. Land

I'll chime in and agree also. The blue screen is probably a "video
mute" function - instead of displaying a noisy, streaky, snowy, and
generally screwed up picture, it "mutes" the picture to blue. First
stop: get the heads cleaned.