Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sony TRV-330 does not record

Hi All,

When I try to record a video using my Handycam, it does not record
anything. everything is working fine, I can see the picture in view
finder and it shows its recording but when I go to the VCR mode and
replay it, it shows the blue screen no sound no picture.
I then tried to play back some of my old recordings and I get the same
blue screen and no voice.

Does anyone know why this is happening? I even bought a new Hi8 tape
and tried but still nothing is getting recorded. do I need to clean the
head of the cam or what?

If anyone of you have any idea how to solve this problem I will
appreciate the help.

Thanks

Nadeem