Default Sony slv-795hf doesn't record

Hello,

My slv-795hf doesn't record anymore.
It reads perfectly (both commercial tapes and tapes I recorded a while
ago). Picture and sound are excellent.
I cleaned the head. I checked the mechanical safety switch record and
it is OK.
No change.
When I try to record something it erases the previously recorded stuff
but that's all :-( No picture, no sound.

I have three questions:
Is there also any electrical/electronical safety record switch? If so
where and how to test it?
Could it be a head pb even if there is no reading pb?
Any idea of the pb?

Thanks

Peyo

Jerry G.

This can be a problem with the record circuitry, or with one of the
heads. You would have to have a way to follow through the signal path
using a scope, and see where the signal loss is occuring. This would
require a scope, service manual (unless you are very familiar with the
design), and the knowledge of about how the VCR design functions.

Considering that a very good VCR can be bought at a reasonable price,
and that your model is fairly old, I would consider a new machine.
Jerry G.
======