Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Video Monitor Help

I volunteer at a small museum that has a bank of Panasonic WV-5490 CCTV
monitors. One of them now blows the unreg dc fuse. Isolating different
sections, I traced the problem to a low resistance reading in the horiz
osc/hv section, whose operation has always been a bit of a mystery to me. I
have limited eqpt at my site workbench, a Fluke multimeter. I could use a
schematic to help me trace the problem further.
Google only found tech manuals for $20, which they can't spare, and being
the pix quality was only marginally good, probably needs a new tube
eventually too.
Any help would be appreciated.
PS: They dont throw anything out.
Thanks,
Rick

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Rick wrote:

[...]

Not many people repair these monitors, so the manuals are not readily
available. I would check with local TV stations, Military bases, School
systems, and places that install CCTV equipment. One may have the
manual, or even donate a used, but working monitor. You may even get
several donated, as long as you're a non profit, and can give a receipt
for their donation.

If that fails, they should see if someone will donate money for the
manual.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Shorted horizontal output transistor?

Bad flyback?

Shorted poly cap in the width circuit?

Shorted damper diode?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Jul 8, 11:56 am, "Rick" wrote:
I volunteer at a small museum that has a bank of Panasonic WV-5490 CCTV
monitors. One of them now blows the unreg dc fuse. Isolating different
sections, I traced the problem to a low resistance reading in the horiz
osc/hv section, whose operation has always been a bit of a mystery to me. I
have limited eqpt at my site workbench, a Fluke multimeter. I could use a
schematic to help me trace the problem further.
Google only found techmanualsfor $20, which they can't spare, and being
the pix quality was only marginally good, probably needs a new tube
eventually too.
Any help would be appreciated.
PS: They dont throw anything out.
Thanks,
Rick

I may have this manual on my site at http://www.justmanuals.com . All
electrnic's related manuals just $9.99 and instant download.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

justmanuals wrote:
On Jul 8, 11:56 am, "Rick" wrote:
I volunteer at a small museum that has a bank of Panasonic WV-5490 CCTV
monitors.

I may have this manual on my site at http://www.justmanuals.com . All
electrnic's related manuals just $9.99 and instant download.

And you help yourself to the use of over a hundred thousand news servers
to propagate your advertisement, but you can't donate one simple file
transfer that costs you *nothing* to a volunteer at a museum?

--
Postulate a group whose intent is to destroy the United States from within
via anarchy and bankruptcy. The actions of the United States Congress are
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
bz bz is offline

clifto wrote in :

justmanuals wrote:
On Jul 8, 11:56 am, "Rick" wrote:
I volunteer at a small museum that has a bank of Panasonic WV-5490 CCTV
monitors.

I may have this manual on my site at http://www.justmanuals.com . All
electrnic's related manuals just $9.99 and instant download.

And you help yourself to the use of over a hundred thousand news servers
to propagate your advertisement, but you can't donate one simple file
transfer that costs you *nothing* to a volunteer at a museum?

And he just says 'may have'!

Doesn't even have the decency to check and see if he DOES have it.

--
bz 73 de N5BZ k

infinite set.

remove ch100-5 to avoid spam trap
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

bz wrote:

clifto wrote in :

justmanuals wrote:
On Jul 8, 11:56 am, "Rick" wrote:
I volunteer at a small museum that has a bank of Panasonic WV-5490 CCTV
monitors.

I may have this manual on my site at http://www.justmanuals.com . All
electrnic's related manuals just $9.99 and instant download.

And you help yourself to the use of over a hundred thousand news servers
to propagate your advertisement, but you can't donate one simple file
transfer that costs you *nothing* to a volunteer at a museum?

And he just says 'may have'!

Doesn't even have the decency to check and see if he DOES have it.

If he had it, he would post a link. Its just more 'canned pig parts'.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

clifto wrote:

And you help yourself to the use of over a hundred thousand news servers
to propagate your advertisement, but you can't donate one simple file
transfer that costs you *nothing* to a volunteer at a museum?

Do you really expect someone who's too cheap to pay for real
advertising to give away ANYTHING?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell