Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default can monitor harm the video card

can a malfunctioning computer monitor harm the computer's video card in
anyway? If the monitor goes completely black, can that harm the card if
the computer is left running? Thanks.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Anything is possible, but in my expirence a bad monitor won't hurt a video
card.

- Mike

wrote in message
ups.com...
can a malfunctioning computer monitor harm the computer's video card in
anyway? If the monitor goes completely black, can that harm the card if
the computer is left running? Thanks.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Michael Kennedy" wrote in message
. ..
Anything is possible, but in my expirence a bad monitor won't hurt a video
card.

- Mike

wrote in message
ups.com...
can a malfunctioning computer monitor harm the computer's video card in
anyway? If the monitor goes completely black, can that harm the card if
the computer is left running? Thanks.

Its happened to me a few times, but then at the time I used to service
monitors for a living so I got all manner of weird & wonderful faults to
contend with!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wednesday 22 November 2006 11:48, ian field wrote:

"Michael Kennedy" wrote in message
. ..
Anything is possible, but in my expirence a bad monitor won't hurt a
video card.

Its happened to me a few times, but then at the time I used to service
monitors for a living so I got all manner of weird & wonderful faults
to contend with!

I've seen a few cases where malfunctioning monitors caused computers to
completely freeze and have to be rebooted.

--
Travis Evans
[The email address on this post is valid, but may change from time to
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Travis Evans" wrote in message
On Wednesday 22 November 2006 11:48, ian field wrote:

"Michael Kennedy" wrote in message
. ..
Anything is possible, but in my expirence a bad monitor won't hurt a
video card.

Its happened to me a few times, but then at the time I used to service
monitors for a living so I got all manner of weird & wonderful faults
to contend with!

I've seen a few cases where malfunctioning monitors caused computers to
completely freeze and have to be rebooted.

CRT flashover can do this or cause the PC to re-boot.